Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Hah, that's why I'm starting small. And why I never played before in the bigger games run.

Never played werewolf before in RL either, but I have played a similar game called Avalon which is very fun.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I only noticed it because he’s renowned for thanking everything, it’s his thing

As a villager at least

He didn't thank my dentist joke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

osh wrote: »
    I only noticed it because he’s renowned for thanking everything, it’s his thing

As a villager at least

I’m with him on that one, wolf or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Tusk is a strange individual so I wouldn't read too much into his including himself in that group.
    No mention of meta gaming so.............
    The last game we left him alive as he was always liable to be lynched

HOWEVER I would say that we have had 23 replies so far and he has only thanked one, a HUGE change from his norm and something he will scurry off to rectify now. Thats a big change in gameplay and has me suspicious

Lol, just catching up now and have actually thanked a few.

You know me too well :P

Because it was garbage hahahahah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Well im obviously not the vig then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote:
    Well im obviously not the vig then.

Wont find out till tonight Bagels :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bagels?? Baggly. Ffs how does Baggly auto correct to Bagels...

I'm not a wolf, as usual. And I'm actually thankful for it this time, because I wanna be one in Batman ahaha. I'm not greedy :)

Before the game really kicks off. I just want to say a couple of things....

1. Please, for the love of god don't agree to quick days. It is a village's worst nightmare. Just as we're wittling down the competition and starting to flesh out useful info, having those time constraints is a TERRIBLE disadvantage.
    2. Village needs to coherently discuss things as a team in a useful way. We need to work together and constructively.
    3. The last anon game, I had no intention of lynching the last wolf 'steve', and I actually caused someone to move off killing him and winning us the game. So I don't count that as a village win for me personally, so I NEED a village win here!

Necro wrote: »
    Wont find out till tonight Bagels :P

Fair enough. You will see then im not.

• Advertisement

What are quick days?

Also while I'm at it, I've read about LYLO or something, FFA etc

What do these stand for, or is there a thread somewhere with werewolf terms explained?

What are quick days?

What do these stand for, or is there a thread somewhere with werewolf terms explained?

Sometimes towards the end of a game it can get really tiring and depressing, so the mods may offer to make the phases quicker, so rather than 12 hours between lynch and munch they might do 3 or 4 and have multiple throuout the day.

It sounds great when you hate yourself and want to jump off a bridge, but it means the village has less time to flesh out theories on the baddies.

FFA is free for all, basically who are your top 3 picks for wolves.

LYLO is lynch lose, it means if we lynch a villager the game is over.

ISO, is to take one player's posts in isolation and try to paint a picture of their progression and call out any strange posts or interactions they've made.

osh wrote:
    What are quick days?

As per the OP, from day 2 (ie tomorrow) the day can end early if a player gains a majority vote (so half the players + 1)
    osh wrote:

FFA stands for free for all, basically where you state on thread the three people you find the wolfiest.

LYLO = Lynch or Lose, so if the next lynch means that the wolves numbers will gain parity with the village numbers. Hopefully we can find the wolves before that though.

There's actually not a thread with common abbreviations that I'm aware of.... possibly something we should add to help new players.

Barney92 wrote:
    Who me? Couldn't be

Sup Barney anyhow, you wolfin it up this game or we on the same team again like Friends :)

As per the OP, from day 2 (ie tomorrow) the day can end early if a player gains a majority vote (so half the players + 1)

WOW thanks for flagging this.

We'll need to be careful of that. I'll be continuously advocating for not lettingn this happen.

tusk wrote:
    We'll need to be careful of that. I'll be continuously advocating for not lettingn this happen.

Shouldnt be happening unless theres a lock wolf on the board imo. I know people can get bored but a villages best friend is time, not rash decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

So should we leave it until close to 10 before voting?

Right I saw that in the OP about majority voting but wasn't sure what it meant.

I'd agree, speeding up the game only helps the wolves and if it's only five days anyway that's not too long.

Out of interest what's the longest WW game there's been?

So should we leave it until close to 10 before voting?

That's up to you, depends on availability too imo, but as the OP says late votes count more than early ones in the event of a tie.

Basically what that means is that if say Fred and Mike are tied on 4 votes each, and the last vote on Fred is at 9.30pm, but the last one on Mike is 9.55pm then Mike gets lynched as a result of last (or latest) vote cast.

• Advertisement

Right I saw that in the OP about majority voting but wasn't sure what it meant.

I'd agree, speeding up the game only helps the wolves and if it's only five days anyway that's not too long.

No idea, but Silence of the Werewolves was my first game and that was nearly 3 weeks iirc.

I wanted to DIE

osh wrote:

Well the long phase Silence of the Wolves went on for about 2 and a half weeks :eek:

But in the normal schedule I think it was Stephen King which ran about 10 days in total iirc.

Games usualy run 4-6 days in the majority of cases, in my experience. This game will be shorter id say (if you look at the scenarios sKeith ran and posted, it has the potential to be over tomorrow iirc).

That 3 week game was a bit different because the day phases were so long and there was opportunity to be afk for a day and still contribute reasonably.

Baggly wrote: »
    That 3 week game was a bit different because the day phases were so long and there was opportunity to be afk for a day and still contribute reasonably.

An oppotunity for reasonable people maybe... Fools like me can't not post constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If I get sacked because of being on the phone I'm taking Keith's job.

tusk wrote:
    An oppotunity for reasonable people maybe... Fools like me can't not post constantly

Ah you're just like me tusk. Hopefully we're both village this game too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That's up to you, depends on availability too imo, but as the OP says late votes count more than early ones in the event of a tie.

Basically what that means is that if say Fred and Mike are tied on 4 votes each, and the last vote on Fred is at 9.30pm, but the last one on Mike is 9.55pm then Mike gets lynched as a result of last (or latest) vote cast.

Thanks Necro

I want to be all...

715s5fvjjnL._SX342_.jpg

...but I feel more...

scooby_doo_2.jpg

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    If I get sacked because of being on the phone I'm taking Keith's job.

Ha, ok ok I'll stop posting for now lol. Will be back in about an hour and catch up then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I'm at my usual in 10 places at once. I'm just checking in. Not read anything. I'll be back around 4 or 5 I'd say

Advertisement