Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just catching up, so apologies if these have been answered.
    Clara, you’ve explained how ur phone is having butt dials but you never explained the content, could you please? Why was it saying copy and paste? It leads me to believe you were copying and pasting!!

I started replying to this and also trying to figure out what was going on. I wasn't copying and pasting I was replying to tusk. If I can figure out what happened I can replicate and show you a pic. Like I was finger mashing on my phone, a bit like how I play the xbox (sometimes I even win)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Re: the Baggly voters and Clara possibly hiding amongst them to save herself. Did we know Baggly was the biggest wagon?

I didn't declare, reading the posts from 2130-2200 the only clear call is Skunk voting for Clara

I like this post EN

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    Then goes onto try and pick out Tusks partner. After saying in the previous post that there wasnt a lot to go on I don't like that you'd use that info to then try and make a team. Its planting ideas that you can go back to later, although that seed is probably only useful if you're a teammate of Tusk's, so not that likely (See I'm being objective!)

See on this if you see in my reads list I was trying to make sense of who he might be teamed with as a wolf, it's difficult to pick out though
    Green&Red wrote:
    More fluff interactions, banal is probably a better description, you're engaging on thread rather than posting nothingness

Oh that's me all the time, particularly when I dont have a method of taking notes for this game.

The thread is my chalk board, basically.

There you go. It's a two step process to paste things on gboard. I didn't know this.

Can you tell me how to put the autooff feature off my phone?

osh wrote: »

tusk wrote: »
    G&R First FFA? taking it easy after he was caught out last game. Could be a wolf with a new strategy. I have very little read right now.

Not sure why he switched to Baggly after a heavy early lean on you. Did he give reasons for switching yet?

I switched to Clara and I’ve given my reasons. If I was a wolf the easy thing for me would have been to jump to Baggly and hide there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:
    I switched to Clara and I’ve given my reasons. If I was a wolf the easy thing for me would have been to jump to Baggly and hide there

GnR talk to me about Skunk, what do you make of her analysis teaming us together.

Like I can see how the pieces kinda fit together but like... I dunno.

Skunk is usually a lot flowier and looser with her posts where as most of hers today seem to have an agenda.

She will likely be on my FFA anyways I think at the moment. I dont know if I have a third right now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Sorry, yes meant Clara. Was it the spammy message posted so?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Clarabel wrote: »
    tusk what do you think about this post? I can;t help coming back to it

I don't have a problem with it. I discussed at length with necro.

I don't think it's useful for an uninformed vig to go shooting early in the game. It brings us closer to LYLO unnecessarily.

I said the same thing last game. It only helps the wolves by giving them an easier and quicker win potentially.

Unless of course the vig is lucky and hits a wolf

Necro wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the contradiction GnR, I'm sorry. You've quoted the same post twice which might be adding to my confusion.

But I'll try I guess;

The vig shooting gives us info which is vital.

There is a con to that as obviously if they're wrong it reduces the village numbers.

But in doing that, it removes a hiding place for a wolf ie: your wagon was entirely obliterated this morning.

My bad, this was the post I was referring to, where you say the vig shouldn’t shoot unless there’s a lock wolf

tusk wrote:
    We'll need to be careful of that. I'll be continuously advocating for not lettingn this happen.

Shouldnt be happening unless theres a lock wolf on the board imo. I know people can get bored but a villages best friend is time, not rash decisions.

Can you explain that 180?

Green&Red wrote:

GnR talk to me about Skunk, what do you make of her analysis teaming us together.

Like I can see how the pieces kinda fit together but like... I dunno.

Skunk is usually a lot flowier and looser with her posts where as most of hers today seem to have an agenda.

She will likely be on my FFA anyways I think at the moment. I dont know if I have a third right now tbh.

Skunk spends a lot of time thinking I’m a wolf, it’s nothing new to me. I don’t have the time today to deep dive her posts

So in short, I don’t know

• Advertisement

Sorry, yes meant Clara. Was it the spammy message posted so?
    Yes. That and the tone of her posts, which is a hard think to argue against. I’ve accepted her reasoning for the copy and paste stuff, I won’t be relying on that for evidence

Green&Red wrote:

Yeah actually, that's in relation to majority voting not the vigilante.

Maj is great if you have a peeked wolf and want to speed things up a bit but in all other circumstances it doesn't need to be used imo.

You saw yourself in the last game how it ended so quickly as the village got too impatient and didn't talk things through.

With the vig it's different, it's our only role so if they idle we gain exactly nothing from their inaction.

Though that being said if we do mislynch today I'd prefer the vig not to shoot tonight so as to give us another shot.

And guys... if I'm not here tomorrow and this game is still going.

Please. Please. Please.

Don't cast your vote early, if you are wrong the wolves will pile on for an easy win.

I don't see how anyone on the first day can think it's a good idea for the vig to shoot. Without a lock, which won't be there on the first day in all likelihood. Yes you're thinning the field for wolves to hide in, but losing a villager is too high a risk imo.

I don't see how anyone on the first day can think it's a good idea for the vig to shoot. Without a lock, which won't be there on the first day in all likelihood. Yes you're thinning the field for wolves to hide in, but losing a villager is too high a risk imo.

There is an argument for it. The vig knows that 100% of the people making the decision to kill someone are for the village.

We know that only 75% of the village are for the village when we Lynch someone this evening

Green&Red wrote:

Yeah actually, that's in relation to majority voting not the vigilante.

Maj is great if you have a peeked wolf and want to speed things up a bit but in all other circumstances it doesn't need to be used imo.

You saw yourself in the last game how it ended so quickly as the village got too impatient and didn't talk things through.

With the vig it's different, it's our only role so if they idle we gain exactly nothing from their inaction.

Though that being said if we do mislynch today I'd prefer the vig not to shoot tonight so as to give us another shot.

And guys... if I'm not here tomorrow and this game is still going.

Please. Please. Please.

Don't cast your vote early, if you are wrong the wolves will pile on for an easy win.

Sorry, I misunderstood

Yes. That and the tone of her posts, which is a hard think to argue against. I’ve accepted her reasoning for the copy and paste stuff, I won’t be relying on that for evidence

My tone, this is worse than GUT. I no like the way you speak.

I have nothing to offer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Agreed, not sure I get the logic of it providing information. I see how it does, but I don't think that outweighs the lost villager when the odds were 7:2

Yeah GnR this is in relation to majority voting not the vig :)

Full convo for context
    tusk wrote:
    1. Please, for the love of god don't agree to quick days. It is a village's worst nightmare. Just as we're wittling down the competition and starting to flesh out useful info, having those time constraints is a TERRIBLE disadvantage. 2. Village needs to coherently discuss things as a team in a useful way. We need to work together and constructively. 3. The last anon game, I had no intention of lynching the last wolf 'steve', and I actually caused someone to move off killing him and winning us the game. So I don't count that as a village win for me personally, so I NEED a village win here!

Necro wrote:
    As per the OP, from day 2 (ie tomorrow) the day can end early if a player gains a majority vote (so half the players + 1)

tusk wrote:
    WOW thanks for flagging this.

We'll need to be careful of that. I'll be continuously advocating for not lettingn this happen.

Necro wrote:
    Shouldnt be happening unless theres a lock wolf on the board imo. I know people can get bored but a villages best friend is time, not rash decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

6:2 sorry, Baggly was out

Clarabel wrote: »

My tone, this is worse than GUT. I no like the way you speak.

I have nothing to offer here.

You’re too defensive!!

• Advertisement

You’re too defensive!!

:eek::cool:

I am proper giggling to myself here

I was trying to play a game with you earlier - you aren't biting

There is an argument for it. The vig knows that 100% of the people making the decision to kill someone are for the village.

We know that only 75% of the village are for the village when we Lynch someone this evening

You're a wise oul lad sometimes aren't ya!

Anyways, fwiw

#FFA2

tusk - for reasons specified before. I feel like Kylie Minogue and that song when I think of tusk this game.

LadySkunk - not much input yesterday, admits to throwing away her vote randomly last night. Comes out this morning with a number of posts that strike me as having an agenda. Asked her to consider her analysis and apply it to other players, no reply since :(
    Say it ain't so Skunk

I don't have a third right now tbh.

I feel like Kylie Minogue and that song when I think of tusk this game.

which song is that?

NAME | STATUS
    Necro|
    LadySkunk |
    osh|
    Green&Red|
    Clarabel|
    Electric Nitwit|
    tusk| Villager
    |
    Dead Lads|
    Baggly| Lynched Day 1
    Barney92| Munched/Shot Night 1
    Ted_YNWA|Munched/Shot Night 1

So the above is currently my view on the world. There's 2 hidden wolves and 1 hidden vig in 6 people.

50/50 chance of hitting a non-nrv.

Clarabel wrote:
    which song is that?

The first one. I feel like I'm tunnelling and I dont like it

Anyways, fwiw

#FFA2

tusk - for reasons specified before. I feel like Kylie Minogue and that song when I think of tusk this game.

This is so weak tbf. Fair enough, when we're day 1/0 and there's nothing going on, I'm an easy target. But you're hanging on to silly reasons for voting for me and not even willing to put them aside to look outside.

What have I done since those things you mentioned that would make you think I'm a wolf?

Wasting your time right now. Or you're a wolf finding it dificult to come up with reasons to vote for anyone

I'm not a million miles away from that Necro.

My gut feeling as of now is there's one wolf out of GnR and Ladyskunk.

One wolf out of Tusk, Clara and Necro.

Tusk was top of my list yesterday before I switched. But when I ultimately decided to switch, I was thinking that if it turned out Baggly was a villager, I'd have to focus again on Tusk. Still not sure, but I won't be voting until close to 10 again anyway,

• Advertisement

Nobody answered my question earlier btw...

Is the Deadroom on Change of Plan, or Dungeons and Dragons pls?

Advertisement