Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote:
    well the point is, you went a bit postal with me and just ignored tusk doing it. Probably cause he is not voting for you cause there a pair of you in it?

I was having my dinner ffs! I didn't notice it until you brought it up tbh!

Also GnR declared early that he was voting for me, so you jump on, if you're a villager then the two wolves pile up and I'm dead and flipped village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Clarabel wrote: »
    tusk why did you want to know the backroom?

It's useful information...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

tusk wrote: »

in what way?

Necro wrote: »
    I need to work out the benefits in a Skunk lynch.

Ok so Skunk is a wolf, GnR is virtually clear and I'd be a lot happier about Clara too.

Skunk is a villager, then GnR possibly but not definitely a wolf, and Clara not clear either.

Blargh.

Let's try GnR but I'm feeling the same result.

GnR flips wolf, Skunk likely clear due to wagonomics, Clara probably ok too given he's been focused on Clara a good bit

GnR is village, Skunk possible wolf, Clara possible wolf

Thoughts?

I don't get how you work these things out. But can you do it in reverse?

As in, see where i fit in on a team with a wolf? I'd be interested to see how that comes up.

I realise you did it already from me being a wolf perspective, but I mean if you find a wolf in someone else, do I even fit in as a potential teammate?

That probably sounds like gibberish,but it makes sense in my head

tusk wrote: »
    I was having my dinner ffs! I didn't notice it until you brought it up tbh!

Also GnR declared early that he was voting for me, so you jump on, if you're a villager then the two wolves pile up and I'm dead and flipped village.
    Na Boet, see you replied to others in that time period and you just let tusk voting slide.....
    I feel like you knew that the vote wasn't for you.

• Advertisement

Na Boet, see you replied to others in that time period and you just let tusk voting slide.....
    I feel like you knew that the vote wasn't for you.

This is a great shout. and very well found. However I'm not a wolf, so there's gotta be another explanation...

I'd also like to take that captial back and just call you boet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I need to work out the benefits in a Skunk lynch.

Ok so Skunk is a wolf, GnR is virtually clear and I'd be a lot happier about Clara too.

Skunk is a villager, then GnR possibly but not definitely a wolf, and Clara not clear either.

Blargh.

Let's try GnR but I'm feeling the same result.

GnR flips wolf, Skunk likely clear due to wagonomics, Clara probably ok too given he's been focused on Clara a good bit

GnR is village, Skunk possible wolf, Clara possible wolf

Thoughts?

Why do you have Skunk be GnR as opposites? Just the voting pattern?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:
    I realise you did it already from me being a wolf perspective, but I mean if you find a wolf in someone else, do I even fit in as a potential teammate?

Sure.

If tusk flips wolf, probably semi clears GnR and osh

If tusk is village, GnR has higher wolf equity and we need to take a closer look at osh and Clarabel

Basically what you do is look at interactions and votes and make a rough estimate on it.

Why do you have Skunk be GnR as opposites? Just the voting pattern?

Yeah I find it incredibly unlikely that both wolves voted off wagon given they left the five voters on Baggly untouched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Who do you feel GnR or LadySkunk is more likley? I don't see why they couldn;t be working as a pair

Ultimately I don't know. I just don't think it likely they'd both be wolves given how the votes went. That would mean that no wolf voted for Baggly.

Ladyskunk is certainly possible. Haven't seen that much of her today either. there have been a couple of interesting posts but not enough to get anything concrete on.

GnR is an interesting one. There those early posts he made that Ted latched on to. Both Ted and Barney voted for him and are now dead, one munched, one shot. Ladyskunk (I think it was) did have a good point that it could be the wolves were setting him up for a fall. Just been considering a bit that might it also be a good tactic to do that if GnR is a wolf, as it wouldn't be expected? I really don't know as I'm not use to the metagame that's no doubt evolved over all the games you've played together. Someone else is likely better able to offer advice on this.

Like if both wolves voted Clara, why not munch into the top wagon? Either way they killed a GnR voter, and vig killed another.

as an fyi, I much prefer playing the anon games where I try and not meta game. The board rules were updated to include no meta gaming but it's really hard when you see the players names. I've only played a few games so I know some styles.

It's possible no wolf voted for Baggly, seems unlikley but I always read these wagons as wolves want to stay in outlier places, maybe it's different with a smaller pool of people

Like if both wolves voted Clara, why not munch into the top wagon? Either way they killed a GnR voter, and vig killed another.

I just can't help but feel Ted was onto something and he was taken. But then I can't explain barney. to be fair someone should go have a look at the poor fallen man's posts.

Clarabel wrote:
    It's possible no wolf voted for Baggly, seems unlikley but I always read these wagons as wolves want to stay in outlier places, maybe it's different with a smaller pool of people

So in that scenario, both wolves had to have voted for you, which clears the entire rest of the board

It's not impossible. But you see why I think it's unlikely right?

Person Status
    tusk 42
    Necro 69
    Clarabel 45
    Electric Nitwit 28
    Green&Red 27
    osh 24
    LadySkunk 13
    post today

I feel like I am helping.

I'll go have a look at Barney's posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Ah here I’m gone for three hours and Necro you’re looking to lynch me tonight? That’s a bit convenient no and absolutely hilarious because if you lynch me and when I flip green you’re going to clear G&R?

To respond to you and Tusk who mentioned me in my absence.

Tusk I said I’d look into other people and haven’t yet because I’m working, I had started going through posts before I started but haven’t had time to go back to it until my lunch now which consisted of catching up and now responding. I said I’d go and look back at G&R earlier to see what opinion he was copying and then said I had read it wrong but gave my opinion on Necro and G&R. What else have I said I’ll do and then not done? Not including yesterday because I’ve already responded about that.

Necro my play style is different because I was missing yesterday, caught up today and the one thing I had taken note of was invalid and when checking that I saw something else which I put on thread and the reason I’m banging on about it is because I’m not getting a proper response about it.

You all know very well that I work ****e hours and I do the majority of my best work in the late hours of the night or on my days off and am usually heavily active when I get off work but the thread is closed so I can’t be. I posted as much as I could this morning, I didn’t have time to grab the laptop and go over much but I’m doing the best I can as a villager and if you lynch me you’re going to regret it. It’s as simple as that.

So in that scenario, both wolves had to have voted for you, which clears the entire rest of the board

It's not impossible. But you see why I think it's unlikely right?

absolutly, but not impossible. We've seen some pretty crazy actions from wolves recently.

The urge to throw myself down an escalator in work is strong, this is an absolute nightmare! :(

I can’t look back properly and people accusing me is just making me so paranoid and clouding my judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I hear ya Lady skunk. It does seem a very hard game to try and get work done and play enough at the same time. My main reason why I've held out so long!

• Advertisement

In retrospect I shouldn’t have even signed up, I didn’t realise it was starting so soon or that nights were closed and it didn’t open back until noon. Completely f**ked myself over, I just saw a new game was starting and needed it in my life and now I hate myself :pac:

Ok allow me to indulge in some tinfoil theories for a moment then.

GnR and Skunk are both wolves. Skunk is AFK most of the day, legitimately due to RL stuff.

Pops on, sticks in a quick vote without checking with her partner, then discovers when the lynch is revealed they've voted the same way.

'Oh fcuk what do we do now GnR?'

'I know Skunk, let's throw them off the scent and munch Barney/Ted, people always look into the top wagon and we aren't on it!'

'Gee whiz GnR what a cunning plan'

Bingo Bango.

Like it's possible.... but I just don't see it.

The other possibility is that we're completely wrong, Skunk and GnR are both village and the two wolves are nestled on the top wagon.

So in that case.... Necro is a villager despite people's efforts to consider the opposite.

Leaving Clarabel, who would she be teamed with?
    osh... maybe.
    tusk... highly unlikely
    Electric Nitwit... maybe.

And then we have osh
    Clarabel or EN probably about the same.
    tusk highly unlikely

Electric Nitwit is interesting as they defended tusk yesterday, I dont recall any interactions with osh or Clarabel either.

So IF there are two wolves on the top wagon, EN has the highest wolf equity, followed by osh, followed by Clarabel and tusk.

This is all just speculation of course. At the moment anyways.

LadySkunk wrote:
    Ah here I’m gone for three hours and Necro you’re looking to lynch me tonight? That’s a bit convenient no and absolutely hilarious because if you lynch me and when I flip green you’re going to clear G&R?

That's not what I said at all, I'm going through the board at the moment weighing up the pros and cons, I just happened to start with you.

That's not what I said at all, I'm going through the board at the moment weighing up the pros and cons, I just happened to start with you.

But from my point of view it looks like you’re planting seeds because I was onto you, you just posted with me on top of your list again. It’s something you can go back to.

You’re saying my play style is different but so is yours, if yours is legitimately because you’re on mobile and have other stuff going on then you at least owe me the benefit of the doubt on that too.

IF you aren’t a wolf and you are village then we’re on the same side. For me you just haven’t given me enough reason to trust you. By all means work away, I said earlier I wasn’t going to tunnel if the argument was strong enough against it but I haven’t seen that. If anything the two of you interacting today and the events unfolding are cementing that theory in my mind.

Ok so let's take the top wagon now person by person. For your benefit Clara, I'll even include myself.

So lynch tusk.

Village flip: osh looks dodgy, Clara could be a pockety wolf, ditto Electric Nitwit

Wolf flip: osh looks good, Clara looks bad for defending him, ditto Electric Nitwit

Lynch osh:

Village flip: eh.... tusk looks dodgy, maybe?

Wolf flip: tusk looks clear, nothing else really. Skunk/GnR maybe look slightly better.

Lynch Electric Nitwit:

Village flip: I guess that looks poor on me? I dunno.

Wolf flip: bad for tusk in particular. Osh kinda too. Good for me I suppose.

Clarabel

Village flip: bad for GnR, bad for Skunk, not great for me either.

Wolf flip: Good for Necro, Skunk and GnR. Very bad look for tusk.

Necro

Village flip: You guys tell me? There isn't one person I've not interacted with so I have to conclude... bad for tusk, bad for Clara, not great for GnR or Skunk either.

Wolf flip: I hate doing this as I'm not a wolf but... good for Skunk and tusk, like excellent. Moderately good for Clara. Okay for GnR.

And that's about all I can do.

I have to go back in five minutes. So help me god if I come back and I’m up for lynch I’ll haunt you all from the grave!! :pac:

I’ve given my thoughts on who I think are wolfy, nobody else has stood out to me and I haven’t had time to look back properly.

Ask me questions anything you need for me to change your minds and I’ll get back on to respond on my break.

Ok allow me to indulge in some tinfoil theories for a moment then.

GnR and Skunk are both wolves. Skunk is AFK most of the day, legitimately due to RL stuff.

Pops on, sticks in a quick vote without checking with her partner, then discovers when the lynch is revealed they've voted the same way.

'Oh fcuk what do we do now GnR?'

'I know Skunk, let's throw them off the scent and munch Barney/Ted, people always look into the top wagon and we aren't on it!'

'Gee whiz GnR what a cunning plan'

Bingo Bango.

Like it's possible.... but I just don't see it.

The other possibility is that we're completely wrong, Skunk and GnR are both village and the two wolves are nestled on the top wagon.

So in that case.... Necro is a villager despite people's efforts to consider the opposite.

Leaving Clarabel, who would she be teamed with?
    osh... maybe.
    tusk... highly unlikely
    Electric Nitwit... maybe.

And then we have osh
    Clarabel or EN probably about the same.
    tusk highly unlikely

Electric Nitwit is interesting as they defended tusk yesterday, I dont recall any interactions with osh or Clarabel either.

So IF there are two wolves on the top wagon, EN has the highest wolf equity, followed by osh, followed by Clarabel and tusk.

This is all just speculation of course. At the moment anyways.

Few questions - the assumption here is none or both voted on the Baggly wagon. I feel it is more likely that there was only 1 on the wagon and 1 outlier

I reckon tusk would bounce off anyone regardless if he was wolf or not. I bounce off craicheads too. If we were a wolf pair, I can't see a change in how we'd react

LadySkunk wrote:
    You’re saying my play style is different but so is yours, if yours is legitimately because you’re on mobile and have other stuff going on then you at least owe me the benefit of the doubt on that too.

That's fair. Unfortunately we have a max of two lynches left before we lose the game so I have to look at absolutely everyone.

The voting is leading me to you or GnR as the optimal lynches for tonight, I'm just not sure which one is more beneficial.

By optimal I mean, most likely place to find a wolf btw, given the larger portion of players on the Baggly lynch

Clarabel wrote:
    Few questions - the assumption here is none or both voted on the Baggly wagon. I feel it is more likely that there was only 1 on the wagon and 1 outlier

Yep, hence why I opened with my mention of tinfoil theory :)

I agree that's the most likely outcome.

And if that's the case then we have a 50/50 shot on Skunk/GnR

• Advertisement

I feel like I'm talking to myself a lot here which is essentially par for the course lol.

So I'm gonna put the phone away and chill out for an hour or so.

Advertisement