Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wagon/interaction-nomics, baby style

Tusk:
    Necro wrote:
    Village flip: osh looks dodgy, Clara could be a pockety wolf, ditto Electric Nitwit

Ok so if tusk is a villager based on the thread thus far it would look bad on osh who has been on him since day 1 really, with a slight divergence to Baggly.

Clarabel and EN have village read tusk so as a result could be attempting to pocket him.
    Necro wrote:
    Wolf flip: osh looks good, Clara looks bad for defending him, ditto Electric Nitwit

On the other hand, is tusk is a wolf osh looks pretty good given his push on him both days.

Clara and EN both don't look great here for the opposite reasoning, defending a known wolf.

Osh Lynch
    Necro wrote:
    Village flip: eh.... tusk looks dodgy, maybe?

Should osh turn village there aren't really any benefits. It's why I wouldn't lynch here tbh. Tusk would look a little bit worse than he already does, but osh could simply be wrong, so nothing really either way here.
    Necro wrote:
    Wolf flip: tusk looks clear, nothing else really. Skunk/GnR maybe look slightly better.

On the other hand, if osh is a wolf then tusk is a villager imo. His mentions of Skunk and GnR should be considered wolfy misdirection possibly as well. EN needs looking into as well if that's the case.

Electric Nitwit Lynch
    Necro wrote:
    Village flip: I guess that looks poor on me? I dunno.

Again, not much gained from an EN flip.

Couple of interactions with me where they shade me, could be considered slightly bad for me I guess.
    Necro wrote:
    Wolf flip: bad for tusk in particular. Osh kinda too. Good for me I suppose.

EN hard defending tusk since yesterday isn't necessarily wolf defending wolf, but tusk would deserve more scrutiny as a result. Osh and EN have not interacted too much so as a result he would deserve more scrutiny should EN flip wolf.

Clarabel
    Necro wrote:
    Village flip: bad for GnR, bad for Skunk, not great for me either.

GnR who has been on Clara all game looks particularly bad on this flip here. Skunk by virtue of voting her yesterday also looks a little dodgy.
    Clara is suss of me, so it doesn't improve my stature either tbh.
    Necro wrote:
    Wolf flip: Good for Necro, Skunk and GnR. Very bad look for tusk.

On the other hand, if Clara is a wolf then I'm virtually clear based off today, and GnR and Skunk look a lot better.
    tusk on the other hand looks quite dodgy here given the constant defence of his slot. Again, not damning by itself but not a good look.

Necro
    Necro wrote:
    Village flip: You guys tell me? There isn't one person I've not interacted with so I have to conclude... bad for tusk, bad for Clara, not great for GnR or Skunk either.

Yeah so as it says on the tin, that's really for you to decide. Wouldn't look great on those pushing me to the noose.
    Necro wrote:
    Wolf flip: I hate doing this as I'm not a wolf but... good for Skunk and tusk, like excellent. Moderately good for Clara. Okay for GnR.

Alternatively if I am a wolf (I'm not) but Skunk and tusk would look very clear. Clara would be another beneficiary of that as would GnR based off today.

Does that help you tusk?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

NAME | STATUS

osh|Wolf
    Green&Red|Wolf
    |
    Necro|Villager
    LadySkunk |Busy Villager
    Clarabel| old drunk defensive villager
    Electric Nitwit| Newb Villager
    tusk| Master Villager
    |
    Dead Lads|
    Baggly| Lynched Day 1
    Barney92| Munched/Shot Night 1
    Ted_YNWA|Munched/Shot Night 1

My current thoughts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote:
    I'm sure everyone else wishes I'd STFU.

Nah I'm enjoying our conversation today Clara, I like playing with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

tusk wrote: »
    I'm sure the wolves do!

Well 29 to a 15 year old, is pretty old :P

No one wished me, so I'm still 28

Necro wrote: »
    Wagon/interaction-nomics, baby style

Tusk:

Ok so if tusk is a villager based on the thread thus far it would look bad on osh who has been on him since day 1 really, with a slight divergence to Baggly.

Clarabel and EN have village read tusk so as a result could be attempting to pocket him.

On the other hand, is tusk is a wolf osh looks pretty good given his push on him both days.

Clara and EN both don't look great here for the opposite reasoning, defending a known wolf.

Osh Lynch

Should osh turn village there aren't really any benefits. It's why I wouldn't lynch here tbh. Tusk would look a little bit worse than he already does, but osh could simply be wrong, so nothing really either way here.

On the other hand, if osh is a wolf then tusk is a villager imo. His mentions of Skunk and GnR should be considered wolfy misdirection possibly as well. EN needs looking into as well if that's the case.

Electric Nitwit Lynch

Again, not much gained from an EN flip.

Couple of interactions with me where they shade me, could be considered slightly bad for me I guess.

EN hard defending tusk since yesterday isn't necessarily wolf defending wolf, but tusk would deserve more scrutiny as a result. Osh and EN have not interacted too much so as a result he would deserve more scrutiny should EN flip wolf.

Clarabel

GnR who has been on Clara all game looks particularly bad on this flip here. Skunk by virtue of voting her yesterday also looks a little dodgy.
    Clara is suss of me, so it doesn't improve my stature either tbh.

On the other hand, if Clara is a wolf then I'm virtually clear based off today, and GnR and Skunk look a lot better.
    tusk on the other hand looks quite dodgy here given the constant defence of his slot. Again, not damning by itself but not a good look.

Necro

Yeah so as it says on the tin, that's really for you to decide. Wouldn't look great on those pushing me to the noose.

Alternatively if I am a wolf (I'm not) but Skunk and tusk would look very clear. Clara would be another beneficiary of that as would GnR based off today.

Does that help you tusk?
    Yep, it's glorious. Thanks

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote: »
    No one wished me, so I'm still 28

Happy birthday

Nah I'm enjoying our conversation today Clara, I like playing with you :)

awww, that's so nice!

I'm still voting for you

Necro, how would you usually play wolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I thought this earlier and felt like if it was true. I'd be leaving WW forever.

HOWEVER!

Osh is giving me the hibbie jibbies today for some reason. His posts seem very specific and abrupt.

Well I have a job and been doing my best to get work done and play here at the same time. So yes, my posts might be short and to the point. But I've been trying to follow along and keep up. It's pretty hard to do when you're playing your first game and not able to devote all your attention to it.

Happy birthday

thanks thanks! You're in my hall of birthday fame

• Advertisement

thanks thanks! You're in my hall of birthday fame

How would you play a wolf if you were to be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

... if tusk is a villager ...Clarabel and EN have village read tusk so as a result could be attempting to pocket him.

On the other hand, is tusk is a wolf...

...Clara and EN both don't look great here for the opposite reasoning, defending a known wolf.

So if Tusk is, or isn't, a wolf it throws doubt on me and Clara?

As much effort as you're putting into these Necro, they're looking like deflection tactics to me

How would you play a wolf if you were to be one?

You've asked me this before. Like a deer stuck in the headlights. I don't think I'd be able to post at all. I'd be terrified of what I'd say

As much effort as you're putting into these Necro, they're looking like deflection tactics to me

This is the point i'm making. It's too open to fiddledom.

I could do the exact same thing and make up any bullplop to align anyone together or distance anyone with the same points.

tusk wrote:
    Necro, how would you usually play wolf?

Heh that's an interesting one. I think I play the same as both alignments tbh.

You can have a read back of some of my wolf games if you like, last one was Deadwood where I won in final 3 for the wolves :)

You've asked me this before. Like a deer stuck in the headlights. I don't think I'd be able to post at all. I'd be terrified of what I'd say

Ok, are you a wolf now?

You have been more defensive than i would usuallly expect you to be.

Heh that's an interesting one. I think I play the same as both alignments tbh.

You can have a read back of some of my wolf games if you like, last one was Deadwood where I won in final 3 for the wolves :)

OK, what tips would you give a village trying to find you as a wolf?

Yeah I should caveat that by it basically being null tbh. It doesn't really impact on either of you in a noticeable way.

Ye could be pocketing/defending tusk as his partner in crime, or equally ye could just be villagers who believed him.

It's kind of a moo point. As in it doesn't matter but given I brought it up I felt I needed to explain why I did.

I don't understand what I'm deflecting from though, heat on me? Meh, if I'm lynched so be it at least then people will take me at face value

Ok, are you a wolf now?

You have been more defensive than i would usuallly expect you to be.

really, cause I get that you;ve been too defensive card every game. I really have been trying to work on it. I thought I was doing better...did you find an example post for me?

tusk wrote:
    OK, what tips would you give a village trying to find you as a wolf?

Dunno tbh. Peek me early and be done with it is what I'd say if there was a seer.

Usually I get a lot of heat as both alignments so I don't understand why I don't get peeked more often (it's surprisingly low over the games I've played)

• Advertisement

really, cause I get that you;ve been too defensive card every game. I really have been trying to work on it. I thought I was doing better...did you find an example post for me?

Nah I think GnR sorted that for me with his LOL post.

Can the vig shoot twice in one night? That would be pretty cool. I'm running on fumes now

tusk wrote:
    Can the vig shoot twice in one night? That would be pretty cool. I'm running on fumes now

One shot per night I believe. Unlimited bullets but only one per night.

If we end up at LYLO tomorrow vig will have to reveal imo. Would further narrow our suspect pool.

If I am lynched please do go back over my posts today though, I am a villager and I've put a lot of effort into today

I was actually just weighing up in the comfort of my own head whether the vig coming out now would help or not.

Before you all jump down my throat. I kept it to myself.

Not while there is def a munch tonight and possibly again tomorrow (unless we get both wolves tonight)

Actually, if we get both tonight this might be an idea? Though the pool is still too big and we could also have counter claims, nope not yet

tusk wrote:
    I was actually just weighing up in the comfort of my own head whether the vig coming out now would help or not.

Hard to know. Gives the wolves a definite munch which is a negative.

Clears a villager which is a positive.

They'll get their shot irregardless so that's a null.

But if there is a tomorrow in this game then i would sooner have a confirmed villager at LYLO than tonight, even if it means I get lynched tonight:(

I think I know what the issue is with the analysis you do Necro, well the issue I have.

I like facts, and what you do is just not factual enough, there's a bit of logic but most of it is guess work right?

Clarabel wrote:
    Actually, if we get both tonight this might be an idea? Though the pool is still too big and we could also have counter claims, nope not yet

Heh, if we lynch a wolf and the vig shoots the other then we win, so there'll be no need.

Tonight is quite crucial though, we really need to get it right.

And I'm a villager, so at the moment, we won't.

Le sigh.

Is it just the three of us playing? Do we need a new wolf between the three of us?

• Advertisement

Le sigh.

le's are the way to my heart man. you found my weakness

Advertisement