Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    Hard to know. Gives the wolves a definite munch which is a negative.

Clears a villager which is a positive.

They'll get their shot irregardless so that's a null.

But if there is a tomorrow in this game then i would sooner have a confirmed villager at LYLO than tonight, even if it means I get lynched tonight:(

Thanks for fleshing that out. I knew I was thinking things but I couldn't articulate them to the other side of my one man conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Heh, if we lynch a wolf and the vig shoots the other then we win, so there'll be no need.

Tonight is quite crucial though, we really need to get it right.

And I'm a villager, so at the moment, we won't.

Le sigh.

Exactly if we could get both tonight and revealing helps us to do that BUT I think the pool is too big still

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote:
    I like facts, and what you do is just not factual enough, there's a bit of logic but most of it is guess work right?

Well you're in the wrong game if you're looking for 100 per cent fact before agreeing with something tbh!

Most of what we do as villagers is based on assumption and conjecture.

That's why when I do my wagonomics I ignore all context in my initial read and focus purely on the data, as context can be misleading and lead to biased results.

Clarabel wrote: »
    Is it just the three of us playing? Do we need a new wolf between the three of us?

Clara if you're a wolf I'm gonna be SO MAD

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote:
    Exactly if we could get both tonight and revealing helps us to do that BUT I think the pool is too big still

Yeah, unfortunately. Even with vig out we still have 6 unknowns essentially.

Tomorrow depending on the lynch (and vig shot) it will be either:

3 - 2 (mislynch and munch, no vig shot)

4 - 1 (lynch correctly, munch, no vig shot)

3 - 1 (lynch correctly, munch, vig hits a villager)

Other scenarios such as

2-2 (mislynch, munch, vig hits villager)

And

4 - 0 (lynch correctly, munch, vig hits wolf)

Are discounted as game will be over in both scenarios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Is it just the three of us playing? Do we need a new wolf between the three of us?

Sorry, I'm in dad mode for a bit, I'll be back once the little one is asleep, probably not long

Sorry, I'm in dad mode for a bit, I'll be back once the little one is asleep, probably not long

are you a wolf?

tusk wrote: »
    Clara if you're a wolf I'm gonna be SO MAD

are you trying to pocket me?

are you trying to pocket me?

how would I be going about that?

I would only feel mad about someone I've had close interaction with over the game and felt a rapport with.

So by you saying you'd be mad with me implies that you have such a rapport, makey sensey even in a backwards way?

• Advertisement

I would only feel mad about someone I've had close interaction with over the game and felt a rapport with.

So by you saying you'd be mad with me implies that you have such a rapport, makey sensey even in a backwards way?

I getcha. and that's accurate. But also rapport over more than just this game. So please don't be a wolf right now.

You can hop in my pocket if you want but I'm not trying to get you in there.

okay I am off for dinner, telly and more light switch research, my purchase resulted in negative success (GnR that is for you)

Gonna head off for a bit now for dindins and some down time. Catch u later

I don't understand what I'm deflecting from though, heat on me? Meh, if I'm lynched so be it at least then people will take me at face value

See, I just buy this attitude. Of course you care about the game, and if you’re a villager the best case is you not being lynched, there’s no beneficial martyrdom here that I see. I can’t help but read it as a wolf trying to bluff and bluster. Admittedly I think I’m tunneling now though...

tusk wrote: »
    are you a wolf?

I’m not,no. I’m a villager
    Does that tactic work often? :p

I’m not,no. I’m a villager
    Does that tactic work often? :p
    I answered yes before as a joke and landed up getting lynched 3 days later because of it

See, I just buy this attitude. Of course you care about the game, and if you’re a villager the best case is you not being lynched, there’s no beneficial martyrdom here that I see. I can’t help but read it as a wolf trying to bluff and bluster. Admittedly I think I’m tunneling now though...

Which I have been arguing against all day, if I can't convince enough people then what am I supposed to do though.

Lynching me is a mistake, I've said that repeatedly, but at least I've gotten all my thoughts onto the thread and they'll be read as pure in that case.

Which I have been arguing against all day, if I can't convince enough people then what am I supposed to do though.

Lynching me is a mistake, I've said that repeatedly, but at least I've gotten all my thoughts onto the thread and they'll be read as pure in that case.

So would you be ok with us Maj lynching you now that you've had time to get your thoughts down?

For me, you’re thoughts have muddied the water to such an extent it feels deliberate. Like your “maybe it’s the newbies” post. I don’t see any point to it, but I believe there’s likely to be a point to everything you say. So it feels like shouting “look over there” while you steal a cookie. For me it implies guilt.

tusk wrote:
    So would you be ok with us Maj lynching you now that you've had time to get your thoughts down?

Not at all! I'm not a wolf ffs!

• Advertisement

For me, you’re thoughts have muddied the water to such an extent it feels deliberate. Like your “maybe it’s the newbies†post. I don’t see any point to it, but I believe there’s likely to be a point to everything you say. So it feels like shouting “look over there†while you steal a cookie. For me it implies guilt.

Muddied what waters, I'm simply going through all possible scenarios.

I seem to be the only one posting on the thread most of the time anyways... I half think ye want to lynch me just to shut me up and that's not a good reason at all.

The optimal lynch is on GnR or Skunk which is where I'll be voting irregardless. Whatever anyone else does is up to them.

Muddied what waters, I'm simply going through all possible scenarios.

I seem to be the only one posting on the thread most of the time anyways... I half think ye want to lynch me just to shut me up and that's not a good reason at all.

The optimal lynch is on GnR or Skunk which is where I'll be voting irregardless. Whatever anyone else does is up to them.

Who was your top pick for gnr team mate

tusk wrote:
    Who was your top pick for gnr team mate

Not Clara for definite.
    Likely not Skunk
    Probably not you but cant rule it out completely

So that leaves osh or EN as most likely.

IMO of course.

Cant believe I'm gonna be lynched and I'm not even able to post up an awesome soundtrack to accompany me to the noose :(

Someone give me a bit of Blue Oyster Cult there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I’m going to vote G&R, he hasn’t acknowledged my Necro/G&R theory at all and he’s usually all over my posts when I accuse him.

At least Necro has given something back so for now willing to give benefit of the doubt. Still weary of them both but throwing a vote in for one of them now as I won’t be on in the last hour and feel I have more reason with Green.

I won’t be able to chat again until the morning if I survive the munch, if I die anywhere then you know where to look. You guys can do this, use wagonomics!! Somebody do a pretty table tomorrow. Build your village and question everything!!! :)

Fine. I'll post it myself.

Hope this works...

Skunk why are u so AWOL?

Thought you'd be on tonight with your good work.

I'm voting for osh

Fine. I'll post it myself.

Hope this works...

I was gonna at 10!

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote:
    I was gonna at 10!

Nah you can post Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas though if you like :)

Advertisement