Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Proof? No

But once my toddler's napping and I can get onto a computer in peace I'll leave you with very little doubt

okay - I'll wait, but you could as easily be a wolf with a false claim to try take the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Clarabel wrote: »
    okay - I'll wait, but you could as easily be a wolf with a false claim to try take the game

I know, which is why no-one will counter claim.
    I'll provide evidence

I suspect one of the wolves will stay silent to let don't linger though, so just to confirm - Clara me Skukl, you're saying you're vanilla villager

LadySkunk - for you, I have a bit of time this morning but not much later on. I know I am village so I am that category but I am not convinced about you. The problem is that there is very little to go on to clear you or not. I know you are saying it's work but we've seen the same tactic many many times with wolves - it's well known. I can't let it go

So I will ISO you and I will ISO Osh again.
    Once EN removes any doubt I will see if ISO is required

Tusk, I won't be doing an ISO on you, cause your style of wolf catching doesn't have any progression ;)

We are so close, we can do this. There are 2 in 3, we can surely figure this puzzle out.

...just to confirm - Clara me Skukl, you're saying you're vanilla villager

That should say Clara and Skunk, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sure wolf, you go plot and plan and come back with a way to win this for your team!

Jaysus sake. I've been on every hour every day. I step away for some breakfast for an hour on my day off and I'm a wolf. Good luck :pac:

• Advertisement

I know, which is why no-one will counter claim.
    I'll provide evidence

I suspect one of the wolves will stay silent to let don't linger though, so just to confirm - Clara me Skukl, you're saying you're vanilla villager

You only have you as village
    I have me as village and when you provide proof I will have you and me and village - cleared village.

I don't believe Skunk, I cleared Osh yesterday so I will go back and have a look again.

tusk wrote: »
    Jaysus sake. I've been on every hour every day. I step away for some breakfast for an hour on my day off and I'm a wolf. Good luck :pac:

:pac::pac: Nom nom what you have for breakfast?

It would make it much easier for me if everyone could clearly state "I'm a villager, not the vigilante"

I can only think of one reason why you wouldn't...

But they just words....
    I'm a villager, not the vigilante

What is to say you are not a wolf doing this?

But they just words....
    I'm a villager, not the vigilante

What is to say you are not a wolf doing this?

Well, if all four of you say it that confirms it's me and saves me writing a really long post

The only logic I can think of to not say it would be if you're a wolf and you want suspicion to hang on me

So I agree saying it is meaningless. I think not saying it has meaning though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Sorry for the delay guys, been a hectic morning in work.

So EN if you are really the vig then that's great. No one has come out with a counter claim so for the moment I'm happy to believe you.

This leave two wolves out of Ladyskunk, Tusk and Clarabel.

Tusk, can I ask why as you were so sure I'm a wolf that you didn't vote for me?

Lady Skunk, for what it's worth I've already explained about following other peoples thinking.
    Essentially I'm finding it really hard to look for reads in people's posts, so it makes sense to me to see what others say and if it sounds plausible then it's something I'm going to consider. I have no idea how I'd go about attempting to do an ISO to examine posts in detail, and bottom line is I do have to also work so it's bloody hard trying to even keep up, let alone go back over all posts with a toothcomb. I knew this game would take a lot of time but it's even more than I thought!

Surely if I was a wolf, it would make more sense for me to get clues from my team mate on who to go after, and they could give me instructions on what to post, so that my ideas would be original.

I've just got this horrible feeling that tusk has chosen to paint me as a wolf, yet didn't vote for me which I find odd. Only reason for that which I can see is that he's setting me up for lynch or shooting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I’m a villager, not the vigilante

Clara I completely get your line of thought and I know full well it’s a well known wolf tactic. It’s one I have made known in the past that I don’t agree on because it’s not fair nor is it any fun wolf hunting a non existent wolf. I know I’m asking you to believe my words and not my actions and when paranoia is so high in the game that’s hard to do.

Do ISO me, I have no issue with that and hopefully you will see that I have been missing mostly but I have wanted to help the village.

Well, if all four of you say it that confirms it's me and saves me writing a really long post

The only logic I can think of to not say it would be if you're a wolf and you want suspicion to hang on me

So I agree saying it is meaningless. I think not saying it has meaning though

I get what you are saying, but i don;t think it works like that. You can't really expect and tell people what to do and say. I've seen this backfire.

I mean go ahead request it, but when the babba is sleeping I think you should write the post. More info is always, always best!

EN, I'm a villager not the vigilante.

For what it's worth here's my two cents. Mainly going by the voting patterns as I find that easier to get info and trawling through pages of posts.

If the wolfs voted in separate groups on the first night, then Ladyskunk has to be a wolf, along with one of Tusk or Clara.

If the wolfs voted in the same group on the first night, then Tusk and Clara are both wolfs.

Going by that, then out of Tusk/Clara gives us a 50/50 shot at a Wolf.

Also EN, can I ask what happened to your vote last night by the way? I didn't see one from you, did you just not get it in on time? It seemed suspicious to me at the time but obviously if you're the vig that can't be the case.

It went by majority vote Osh, I was trying to figure that out when I did the tables but remembered he posted saying he didn’t get a vote in when SK posted it reached majority

LadySkunk wrote: »
    It went by majority vote Osh, I was trying to figure that out when I did the tables but remembered he posted saying he didn’t get a vote in when SK posted it reached majority

Right maybe I read the explanation on majority voting wrong so? I thought it was that if enough votes were submitted (ie a majority) early in the day, then a lynch would happen, and then there'd be the usual normal lynch at 10pm. So basically two lynches in a day rather than one.

Sure but this is the same arguement that I had with Necro yesterday, you are just putting down one option and not exploring it more.

Let's look at all the options:
    A. Votes on 1 wagon
    B. Votes on 2 wagons

2 nights so we have (night 1, night 2)

1. A
    2. A

1. A
    2. B

1. B
    2. B

One of
    1. A tusk, osh, EN
    2. A LS, osh, tusk

1. A tusk, osh, EN
    2. B No option

1. B LS
    2. B no option

Hi Osh - yeah, I just isn't vote in time, hence...
    Wow. OK, so my vote’s irrelevant :p

Preparing my full post now

Still nothing Tusk hasn't said he's not the vigilante

*noting

Ah grand so, I missed that. Just seemed odd at the time. I thought I was blind and just didn't spot the vote :)

• Advertisement

posting to quickly - and can't quote cause I am doing a ISO on LadySkunk

That was in reply to Osh, we need to look at all the options and I've also left out an option

1. B
    2. A

1.B LS
    2.A LS, osh, tusk

Which paints LS as the most wolfy in this analysis

OK - why I’m the vigilante

So, I am and as yet there’s no counter claim

Killing Ted
    First night I shot Ted. Why? Because I’m crap. Ted, if you’re reading, I’m really, really sorry. My (flimsy and wrong) logic was started by the following posts...
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    There has to be a revised rule 1 anyway
    Vannila villager here to start with.
    I second what Necro said, which is why I provided my villager status.
    Wolves have no jobs & responsibilities, us villagers do.

I was floundering at the time and thought these seemed too deliberate as early posts and suspected someone said “get out quick, say you’re village”. Note I had this in my first FFA

When Baggly was villager I lost my head and instantly targeted Necro. Later (I didn’t sleep much that night) I went back over the late Baggly/Necro tiff and realised that, although it prompted my Baggly switch, Necro wasn’t driving it. What placed the seed of doubt in my mind was this...

[=Ted_YNWA;110658433]I had a quick look back at Baggly's 18 posts & 4 of them are direct finger pointing at someone.

Seems a bit high, and getting close to the deadline to be adding another conundrum to the mix.[/QUOTE]

I added these up and decided Ted was wolf. I still wasn’t sure though. My next mistake was thinking I had to fire

I read the posts about whether the big fires and (again incorrectly, i think) came to these conclusion it was expected. I thought not firing would look like a newbie move, pointing the wolves to me or Osh (as I’d decided Ted was wolf) and I didn’t want to get munched!

I might later copy in what I write to sKeith that night, I’m not sure if that’s allowed and am waiting for a response

Necro vig claim
    When Necro said
    Necro wrote: »
    Wolf. Vig will shoot you if you survive the lynch, I'd put my house on that ;)
    I interpreted that differently to everyone else. Seems everyone thought he was claiming to be the vig, he claimed he was trying to draw the munch which I now believe. I went down this route...
    I think that almost comes across as hoping one of the newbies is the vigilante and hoping that'll make them go for Baggly if the lynch doesn't get him
    I said this because I was a newbie, a vigilante and thought I was being played. I stuck on that for a while, sorry Necro

I another crazy piece of ineptitude, i shot Necro last night!

I’m going to post this now because I’m a slow typer. I’ll happily explain last night’s thought process if anyone wants another long post

you're not allowed :) I got a slap on the wrist for it

you're not allowed :) I got a slap on the wrist for it

To copy backroom messages?
    I suspected not, glad I didn't!

Tusk where did you go? This is looking VERY suspect!

Necro

Village flip: You guys tell me? There isn't one person I've not interacted with so I have to conclude... bad for tusk, bad for Clara, not great for GnR or Skunk either.

Wolf flip: I hate doing this as I'm not a wolf but... good for Skunk and tusk, like excellent. Moderately good for Clara. Okay for GnR.

And that's about all I can do.

Not going back through all his posts, but wonder if this could be useful given Necro was a villager?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Lads I'm really sorry. Terrible day for it to happen. But I've to go to hospital with Mrs tusk :(

Think it's wolfy if u must. But I think some of u guys would know I wouldn't play games like that.

I believe en as vig. I haven't had time to b read anything really but I will try catch up as soon as I can later on.

Pls pls pls pls don't put votes in until I'm back to chat. I'm not a wolf and I really don't want to lose this game

Sorry to hear that tusk, even if you do think I'm a wolf.

I'll also add if I was a wolf, you'd have been munched last night for sure :pac:

osh wrote: »
    Not going back through all his posts, but wonder if this could be useful given Necro was a villager?

Osh I was just writing this!!
    Don't make any rash decisions and pile on GnR. I could be wrong, I'm not perfect at the game or anything.

Talk it through, work out pros and cons on others.

Look into EN and osh more than we did today and assess your feelings on them

Decide if Clara was just tunnelling me or if she's a wolf with an agenda.

I dunno about Skunk, she seems legit but I'm genuinely unsure of her this game. Sorry Skunk if village :(

Okay I’m on the bus to work and trying to look back on some things to help figure this out. I like to use Dead village Necro as gospel :o

I’m thinking maybe Clara does have an agenda? She’s been very easy to brush off EN coming out as the vig and poking holes in it. Then saying me not being present is a known wolf tactic, I mean it is but I feel I’m giving a pretty convincing argument this morning.

Im curious about the double kill on Necro this morning. EN if you shot Necro and the wolves munched him. Would SK tell us it was a double kill?

I’m starting to get bad vibes off Tusk too, sorry pal. Last nights chaos with saying he was changing his vote loads is such a wolfy move and going after Osh for following what others think when he’s done the same himself before makes me question him.

I’m inclined to believe EN and Osh. If nobody comes out with a counterclaim and if there is a vig hiding I would urge you to come out now. I don’t think there is though. His and Oshs posts today have come across very genuine and none of their posts have raised questions with me. Now baring in mind I was all over two villagers yesterday because their posts stood out to me but I’m going with my gut here, it’s let me down in the past but it’s also served me well clearing Tusk before and I’m not getting that feeling with him now :(

• Advertisement

I’m going to vote G&R, he hasn’t acknowledged my Necro/G&R theory at all and he’s usually all over my posts when I accuse him.

At least Necro has given something back so for now willing to give benefit of the doubt. Still weary of them both but throwing a vote in for one of them now as I won’t be on in the last hour and feel I have more reason with Green.

I won’t be able to chat again until the morning if I survive the munch, if I die anywhere then you know where to look. You guys can do this, use wagonomics!! Somebody do a pretty table tomorrow. Build your village and question everything!!! :)
    I have to go back in five minutes. So help me god if I come back and I’m up for lynch I’ll haunt you all from the grave!! :pac:

I’ve given my thoughts on who I think are wolfy, nobody else has stood out to me and I haven’t had time to look back properly.

Ask me questions anything you need for me to change your minds and I’ll get back on to respond on my break.
    Ah here I’m gone for three hours and Necro you’re looking to lynch me tonight? That’s a bit convenient no and absolutely hilarious because if you lynch me and when I flip green you’re going to clear G&R?

To respond to you and Tusk who mentioned me in my absence.

Tusk I said I’d look into other people and haven’t yet because I’m working, I had started going through posts before I started but haven’t had time to go back to it until my lunch now which consisted of catching up and now responding. I said I’d go and look back at G&R earlier to see what opinion he was copying and then said I had read it wrong but gave my opinion on Necro and G&R. What else have I said I’ll do and then not done? Not including yesterday because I’ve already responded about that.

Necro my play style is different because I was missing yesterday, caught up today and the one thing I had taken note of was invalid and when checking that I saw something else which I put on thread and the reason I’m banging on about it is because I’m not getting a proper response about it.

You all know very well that I work ****e hours and I do the majority of my best work in the late hours of the night or on my days off and am usually heavily active when I get off work but the thread is closed so I can’t be. I posted as much as I could this morning, I didn’t have time to grab the laptop and go over much but I’m doing the best I can as a villager and if you lynch me you’re going to regret it. It’s as simple as that.
    Aww now Necro I know you better than that, it was a fairly big theory I put together and to only get a small response to which had nothing to do with Green makes me suspect you as sad as that is to say.

Add to that now the two of you are going at each other but it just doesn’t feel genuine. Like you’re trying to take the heat off yourselves :(
    One or both of you is 100% a wolf. I just need to figure out which :rolleyes:
    I had to go back to see if you or Green properly responded to my you being a wolf team theory and you only responded to one small part of it and Green not at all. Why is that guys??

Then you post this Necro which made me :pac:

You’re now looking into Green but nothing too major, stating Green throwing shade on Tusk could be a wolf buddy bussing which is exactly what I said about the two of you.

In my mind the two of you are completely distancing yourselves now.

This is a nice tunnel now I think of it, think I’ll stay here awhile unless given reason to do otherwise :)
    -Green sows doubt on Tusk early on with thanking posts. Says the wolves last game kept him alive because he was liable to be mislynched.

-Baggly FFAs Green and Necro - Bags dies

-Ted FFAs Green and Necro - Ted dies

-Necro FFAd Baggly and Barney, seeing who the village will lynch and who to munch?

-Necro comes in and offers Green as a wolf or being set up. I had posted while he was writing saying it could be a set up or the wolves will come on say it is a set up.

-Necro asks about Tusk not being lynched, seeing whether he’s a good choice to go after tonight?

-Green calls out Necro as a wolf, says he’ll ISO him. Will he come back later and clear him? Look like he suspects him so they can’t be a team and then clears him later for the group.

Now. That all feels very rabbit holey but seeing it all put together makes my wolfy senses tingle. That’s who I’m guessing for wolf team. Of course I’m open to be swayed with a good argument, no tunnelling for me thank you very much :)

so my thoughts on LadySkunk and I've brought in a few posts to example
    - She keeps just going back to the same old ground. Put out a post and then it appears she got stuck in a tunnel and just went for the same reasons over and over again. Another classic wolf tactic (so that's two now)
    - a few I'm going to do this and never comes back to do it (three classic wolf moves)
    - using words and no actions (4 ......)

I'm looking for a pair and maybe Tusk and LS is good, I don't think that they have interacted at all (5 classic moves)

Advertisement