Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Well I reckon tusk is a wolf for sure.

Can’t decide between ladyskunk and Clara. Not sure what to read into it but I did find that post earlier where necro was talking about tusks possible partners.

On mobile now so can’t easily find it to quote, but it was at about midday yesterday I think. He had in order from most likely GnR, skunk, me, EN, Clara.

Given you’re the vig EN we have a good chance at possibly getting two wolves tonight. You’ll be munched no doubt tonight now you’ve come out but at least you can go down firing.

I’ll be voting tusk most likely and then if I was vig, I’d be firing at one of skunk and Clara. Based on necro’s thoughts who as far I know is one of the better players here, I’d maybe be leaning towards skunk. But I couldn’t be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

osh wrote: »

Given you’re the vig EN we have a good chance at possibly getting two wolves tonight. You’ll be munched no doubt tonight now you’ve come out but at least you can go down firing.

I’ll be voting tusk most likely and then if I was vig, I’d be firing at one of skunk and Clara. Based on necro’s thoughts who as far I know is one of the better players here, I’d maybe be leaning towards skunk. But I couldn’t be sure.

Looks like Tusk is getting the vote

Scenario 1 - we're wrong. Game over, sod it

Scenario 2 - we're right
    One wolf left, three villagers with one sure to die over night, probably me

Scenario 2a - I don't shoot
    2-1 villagers, final day tomorrow, lynch or lose

Scenario 2b - I shoot

Scenario 2b(i) - I'm right (1 in 3 chance if random)
    Yes, 2b(i), I love the notation. Game over we win

Scenario 2b(ii) - I'm wrong (2 in 3 chance of random)
    Game over we lose

Now - that to me says don't shoot. I'm interested you say I should. Remember earlier I had a hunch that I dismissed? It was that Tusk was helping you win on your debut. Seemed crazy but...

Whether you shoot or not is up to you. I’m just thought you’re likely going be munched so may as well shoot. Perhaps I’m wrong.

So let’s say you don’t shoot. Tusk is lynched as wolf and you get munched.

That leaves me, Clara and skunk. 2 villagers and one wolf. And I’ll still not be sure who to go for.

Like I say I could be wrong, but in my eyes at least shooting tonight puts the power in your hands. Rather than mine tomorrow.

Like I say I could be wrong, but in my eyes at least shooting tonight puts the power in your hands. Rather than mine tomorrow.

Ha ha, not sure I want that power!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

okay this is my last post for the evening, unfortunately.

firstly I absolutely do not think it is fair in any situation for tusk to be maj killed while he is dealing with his missus, even if she doenn't like him for playing werewolf!

EN, I don't think you should vote unless you are 100% sure; or there is village consensus.
    However you are the only person who is 100% village so you have to trust yourself. Osh makes a really good point though that you are the only one that is 100% village so you making a call today is better than a 2/1 66.6% village tomorrow.
    I however would perfer you to be 100% sure.

• Advertisement

Exactly, neither do I! And I know if I’m here tomorrow with one village and one wolf, I’m not going to be sure who to lynch. Unless I got some big reads overnight through voting or whatever. But then I’m not very good at that so.

But I’m fine with you not shooting if that’s what you’d prefer. I just assumed shooting was the default move with the vig once they reveal themselves.

Clarabel wrote: »

EN, I don't think you should vote unless you are 100% sure; or there is village consensus.

Should this say vote? Or shoot?
    If you guys wanted me to shoot (assuming we lynch a wolf) I will, but it's only a hunch so I suspect it costs us the game...

Should this say vote? Or shoot?
    If you guys wanted me to shoot (assuming we lynch a wolf) I will, but it's only a hunch so I suspect it costs us the game...

SHOOT - my bad

Vote at your will, except wait for tusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Guys I’m writing this off the floor, I have to put a vote in as I’m not off until ten. I’ll check back around nine and see what’s going on.

I can tell you now if we get this right tonight I will fight to the death tomorrow to get this village win!! I’m off at 6 tomorrow so have those few hours where I can finally do some digging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Oh my god I’m getting quick checks in and nothing is happening. Like nothing! Is that because Tusk has given up or because we’re going to kill a villager and end the game.

Aghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

JESUS CHRIST do not ****ing vote for me!!!!

I am only home FFFSSSSS

I live in meath and had to go south dublin to the hospital. I have no clue what's been going on on the thread, but you're being conned severely here by someone!

I need to catch up now. I'm very worried. But I'm confident we can root out 1 wolf tonight. But you must give me time. and you must be open to listening to me.

This bullcrap of going after me for things that aren't even wolfy is a deliberate ploy. The only reason the wolves have kept me alive. Like i said ages ago. FFS

I HATE THIS BASTARD GAME

also. sorry if we lose. I feel like if i'd have been able to stay on the thread, we'd be in a better position.

Anyone who is saying i'm a wolf for sure is full of ****! NOBODY is a wolf for sure. That's why I'm going ****ing grey ffs.

I'm going to read back now, I hope there's not too much and I will check in as soon as i'm up to date.

I'll give you my pick for wolf, as the ONLY other cleared villager besides EN (from my perspective).

I would implore you to NOT VOTE FOR ME at all. The wolves definitely have 2 votes on me already.

We need to make sure to not go with their vote, otherwise it's game over. Between EN and the other villager, they are clearly not going to vote there. So EN we need to work together to figure this out.

Pretend if you must that I'm the only other clear villager for yourself and let's go at it together. Please for the love of baby jaysus!!!!!

I'm back to page 59. that's 8 pages for me to catch up on. Not a lot. Not a lot at all.

You know what that means right? No wolf in danger.

I'll be back in a bit with my updates. DO NOT VOTE in the meantime. DO NOT BLOODY VOTE!

Here's the guts of my main concern
    Wait, you actually changed your vote?
    You didn't just say you were doing it? WTF?!
    Yeah, sorry - didn't express myself clearly

We're expected to believe an experienced player, who talks about others players being experienced enough to get the little trick plays and warns against majority votes decides to me GnR's tree, just to get info, but in doing so clicks on another tab to go the voting page and clicks on GnR and "woops"?!

At this point Tusk I believe you're a wolf bbc you're trying to take a bullet to help conceal your partner tomorrow and ensure I don't take a vigilante shot after the lynch even when you flip red

Tusk: From the tone of my challenges you may get that I want to believe you. I don't know why, probably because I stuck up for you on day one and I've been proven a mug too many times already. At the moment you're your worst enemy in my eyes. No one has said anything today to add to my concerns other than you

tusk wrote: »
    Anyone who is saying i'm a wolf for sure is full of ****! NOBODY is a wolf for sure. That's why I'm going ****ing grey ffs.

I'm going to read back now, I hope there's not too much and I will check in as soon as i'm up to date.

I'll give you my pick for wolf, as the ONLY other cleared villager besides EN (from my perspective).

I would implore you to NOT VOTE FOR ME at all. The wolves definitely have 2 votes on me already.

We need to make sure to not go with their vote, otherwise it's game over. Between EN and the other villager, they are clearly not going to vote there. So EN we need to work together to figure this out.

Pretend if you must that I'm the only other clear villager for yourself and let's go at it together. Please for the love of baby jaysus!!!!!

I'm here briefly. Talk to me, let's crack this.

I've been asking for this all day though, I'm a little mad now cause I am gone-ish and can't contribute.

I've posted what I can think of and I'm waiting for responses / disucssion, any discussion. Is there anything else you think I can do? I'll do it.

So we are looking at Osh, LadySkunk from my perspective in your scenario. I've given my views on both - what do you think?

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Man I really wanted to be useful this morning and made these tables, I’m floored by the two of them flipping green. I was convinced at least one of them had to be a wolf. Now I don’t know what to think :(

| Lynch Results Day 1 |
    | Baggly | tusk, Clarabel, osh, Electric Nitwit, Necro |
    | Clarabel | Green&Red, LadySkunk |
    | Green&Red | Barney92, Ted_YNWA |
    | tusk | Baggly |

| Lynch Results Day 2 |
    | Green&Red | Necro, LadySkunk, osh, tusk |
    | Necro | Clarabel |
    | Clarabel | Green&Red |

If QB taught me anything, it's the wisdom of crowds. Basically the crowd is usually somewhat right. Everyone except clara and myself were voted for day one. I know i'm village, so that leaves clara - sorry clara.

I also just want to say guys I know I’ve been AWOL most of the game. It’s not a wolf tactic, i wouldn’t play dirty like that(I know I know that’s what a wolf would say) but I’m being completely genuine and if you look at previous games I was a wolf I was posting a lot more.

I’m having a crap game because of work I’m really sorry I’m not being a helpful villager, I’m sick the two people I was after yesterday turned out to be villagers and I really don’t know how helpful I’ll be today. All I can say is from the bottom of my heart I am a villager and please don’t lynch me for being absent, it would be a huge mistake. If we had the life to spare to prove it I’d say kill me so you can look elsewhere but unfortunately we don’t.

There’s three villagers and two wolves. Me and Electric Nitwit who hasn’t been counterclaimed are villagers and there’s one other person who knows 100% that they are. Then there’s the two wolves who know what they are and who are pretending to be villagers.

Electric Nitwit and whoever that other person is who is a confirmed villager I am begging you to really look into the other players today. Look back at their posts and interactions with the other remaining people and see what connection you can make. Was there any bussing or clearing someone else? Look at the posts leading up to the lynches. Anything that will help figure this out.

I’m so sorry I can’t be here most of the day helping you guys but you can do it, work together. That last villager if you believe me and Electric Nitwit will know who the two wolves are so look into their posts and find anything you can to prove it on thread.

Skunk basically saying the exact same stuff as me makes me feel more villagey towards her. I had not read this until right now.

okay - I'll wait, but you could as easily be a wolf with a false claim to try take the game

Clara banging the false claim drum. Of course it could be a false claim but nobody has countered, and you know nobody will, because you're a wolf, so you're banging this drum to make you seem like your on the village side. woof
    So I will ISO you and I will ISO Osh again.
    Once EN removes any doubt I will see if ISO is required

Tusk, I won't be doing an ISO on you, cause your style of wolf catching doesn't have any progression ;)

We are so close, we can do this. There are 2 in 3, we can surely figure this puzzle out.

This post doesn't sit right with me. Why Osh again? Why ffa me if you think my 'wolf catching' style doesn't help - clearly you think i'm trying to find wolves, so...

Your last line there is so disingenuous it hurts.

I don't believe Skunk, I cleared Osh yesterday so I will go back and have a look again.

why did you clear osh? What has he done to be clear? other than be your wolf buddy!
    But they just words....
    I'm a villager, not the vigilante

What is to say you are not a wolf doing this?

again banging the drum
    Sorry for the delay guys, been a hectic morning in work.

So EN if you are really the vig then that's great. No one has come out with a counter claim so for the moment I'm happy to believe you.

This leave two wolves out of Ladyskunk, Tusk and Clarabel.

Tusk, can I ask why as you were so sure I'm a wolf that you didn't vote for me?

Lady Skunk, for what it's worth I've already explained about following other peoples thinking.
    Essentially I'm finding it really hard to look for reads in people's posts, so it makes sense to me to see what others say and if it sounds plausible then it's something I'm going to consider. I have no idea how I'd go about attempting to do an ISO to examine posts in detail, and bottom line is I do have to also work so it's bloody hard trying to even keep up, let alone go back over all posts with a toothcomb. I knew this game would take a lot of time but it's even more than I thought!

Surely if I was a wolf, it would make more sense for me to get clues from my team mate on who to go after, and they could give me instructions on what to post, so that my ideas would be original.

I've just got this horrible feeling that tusk has chosen to paint me as a wolf, yet didn't vote for me which I find odd. Only reason for that which I can see is that he's setting me up for lynch or shooting tonight.

Nobody had come out with a counter, but everyone had posted. OF COURSE HE's the BLOODY VIG, but ok, you're happy with him for the moment. off you trot mate.

I did vote for you, then I moved to GnR and it was a stupid maj lynch, which I'll also be heavily against in future. If that had not have happened, I'd likely have been back on you like a flash.

Nobody else is even thinking of you since i brough you up, so your reasoning is garbage, and is exactly what your wolf buddy told you to say. Keep the focus on tusk, easy lynch.
    Sorry for the delay guys, been a hectic morning in work.

So EN if you are really the vig then that's great. No one has come out with a counter claim so for the moment I'm happy to believe you.

This leave two wolves out of Ladyskunk, Tusk and Clarabel.

Tusk, can I ask why as you were so sure I'm a wolf that you didn't vote for me?

Lady Skunk, for what it's worth I've already explained about following other peoples thinking.
    Essentially I'm finding it really hard to look for reads in people's posts, so it makes sense to me to see what others say and if it sounds plausible then it's something I'm going to consider. I have no idea how I'd go about attempting to do an ISO to examine posts in detail, and bottom line is I do have to also work so it's bloody hard trying to even keep up, let alone go back over all posts with a toothcomb. I knew this game would take a lot of time but it's even more than I thought!

Surely if I was a wolf, it would make more sense for me to get clues from my team mate on who to go after, and they could give me instructions on what to post, so that my ideas would be original.

I've just got this horrible feeling that tusk has chosen to paint me as a wolf, yet didn't vote for me which I find odd. Only reason for that which I can see is that he's setting me up for lynch or shooting tonight.

more useless garbage. plus you've the good sense to try to question the only confirmed villager and take his time away from wolf hunting to answer a stupid question. Maj lynch, and he clearly stated he didn't get his vote in on time last night.
    Still nothing Tusk hasn't said he's not the vigilante

I thought i came right out and cleared you. I am not the vigilante. I took you at your word, as my most confirmed villager anyway.
    Tusk where did you go? This is looking VERY suspect!

yep, good work. keep up the ruse. focus on tusk.
    Tusk where did you go? This is looking VERY suspect!

I've just gotten to this post, and honest to got I havent read any of these before. SKUNK you are in my head.

CLARA IS A WOLF

Tusk you did that this last time, lynched me off and you were wrong. I'm not here tonight, I am stealing moments away while other people are chatting but someone is gonna get annoyed with me!

shoot. i didn't paste the last quote:
    Osh I was just writing this!!

Okay I’m on the bus to work and trying to look back on some things to help figure this out. I like to use Dead village Necro as gospel :o

I’m thinking maybe Clara does have an agenda? She’s been very easy to brush off EN coming out as the vig and poking holes in it. Then saying me not being present is a known wolf tactic, I mean it is but I feel I’m giving a pretty convincing argument this morning.

Im curious about the double kill on Necro this morning. EN if you shot Necro and the wolves munched him. Would SK tell us it was a double kill?

I’m starting to get bad vibes off Tusk too, sorry pal. Last nights chaos with saying he was changing his vote loads is such a wolfy move and going after Osh for following what others think when he’s done the same himself before makes me question him.

I’m inclined to believe EN and Osh. If nobody comes out with a counterclaim and if there is a vig hiding I would urge you to come out now. I don’t think there is though. His and Oshs posts today have come across very genuine and none of their posts have raised questions with me. Now baring in mind I was all over two villagers yesterday because their posts stood out to me but I’m going with my gut here, it’s let me down in the past but it’s also served me well clearing Tusk before and I’m not getting that feeling with him now :(

Sknk you beautiful smelly girl. Also I haven't read the tusk callouts in this, so i'll reply to them in a sec.

• Advertisement

skunk, I have done the same before trying to get some info with the vote flips. holly and angus remember. it's my bag.

i think you think i've done that more than i have. i only really did it in silence, and sure it's fair. but the way osh is posting has me suspicious.

I'm a a villager, you know in your heart. and if you don't then something is wrong. If i was a bloody wolf why would i be fighting so hard, its basically an easy win for me to take the fall and let my buddy go clear.......

Come on like!

back to catching up.

so my thoughts on LadySkunk and I've brought in a few posts to example
    - She keeps just going back to the same old ground. Put out a post and then it appears she got stuck in a tunnel and just went for the same reasons over and over again. Another classic wolf tactic (so that's two now)
    - a few I'm going to do this and never comes back to do it (three classic wolf moves)
    - using words and no actions (4 ......)

I'm looking for a pair and maybe Tusk and LS is good, I don't think that they have interacted at all (5 classic moves)

yeah yeah. keep the focus on tusk.

I'm 100% with you on this. I 100% believe tusk is a wolf and also won't be around this evening.

We can park that tusk is 100% wolf - do we have any other takers on this? LS will you bus tusk? Osh - what do you think?

Then we can work through the other wolf?

I really have to go though

There is hands down not enough evidence here for anyone to think i'm 100% wolf. EVEN IF I WAS A WOLF. You are off your nut. Or a wolf. I think wolf.

You are making a mockery of yourself with this crap.

but tusk I think you're a wolf, out of everyeone here so of course I'm going to point this out.

your use of emotive language to Skunk ......in your heart you know I am a villager......

Clarabel I can answer all of these easily.
    1. I went back to the same thing yesterday with the two guys and stated at the time it was because they didn’t respond to my post that you quoted. Necro responded partially to it and Green didn’t until a time I was back in work which I said I wouldn’t be around for. Wolves don’t tunnel, they see will others hope onto it and if nobody does they move onto someone else. I didn’t move off them. So not a wolf tactic
    2. I also wrote about the saying I’ll do things and not in response to Tusk yesterday. I haven’t had time to go back over things and put the work in I would like to do. So not a wolf tactic, a bad villager but not a wolf.
    3. I can only use words, I literally have had no time to go back and do ISOs or anything special. So again not a wolf tactic.
    4. Me and Tusk haven’t directly interacted but I did write on Day1 that I didn’t think he was a wolf like others did. If he was a wolf why would I write that when it would be used against me later?

Your arguments are not strong at all and to be honest you’re going after the easiest target here. Someone who hasn’t been around and won’t be here to defend themselves and that’s the biggest wolf tactic of all.

Im starting work now but I’ll be back on my lunch

you are on the ball skunkers.

I had thought you were more likely than clara to be wolf going into today. but after reading all this while catching up. you are coming across more and more villagy.

I don't know, it is possible he's a wolf. I am concerned the way he jumped on me yesterday. And then not voting for me after all that. But then he was saying he thought pretty much everyone was a wolf so it's confusing.

So earlier you thought i was 100% a wolf. now it's just possible?

Get your story straight buddy.

Trying to play both sides of the coin while having some bland staged, useless interactoin with your wolf buddy.

Just to add, as EN is the only one I can definitely trust, I'd be happy to go along with what his best hunch is.

of course you would because he's not on you or your wolf bud. he's on me. the one you and clara are keeping the focus on hoping for a stray vote and an early maj lynch

I'm not going after tusk, I'm suggesting we park him as a known wolf and look for his partner

There you go again. a known wolf. utter garbage. you are so full of it.

• Advertisement

My thoughts are out there. Tusk and LadySkunk, the response LS have given me is circular.

I'm happy to discuss with you! I will try be objective, considering that my feelings are quite strong.

You said you had thoughts but wanted to think about them...let's discuss?

yep, give the poor lad a choice between the two villagers. great wolf play.

Do i really ahve to keep pointing these things out EN?

Come on this is clear as day what's going on man

Advertisement