Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Green&Red wrote: »
    #FFA1

Tusk - for his lack of thanks in the first 24 posts, then claiming he went back and thanked posts because he had been away at the time of my count - he hadn't been away he posted #19, so he just hadn't thanked but then went back and retrospectively thanked posts to avoid looking like he hadn't thanked them

Clarabel - for her copy and pasting from her BR

Baggly for this post

So you suspect tusk of being a wolf, but call Baggly one for calling Tusk a wolf? Can you talk me through that, as I could be missing something.

The clara thing is a bit of a leap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I missed the late substitution of duffman & EN. Bit of cross posting & on phone here.

why did you call out duffman who hadn't posted yet?

Clarabel wrote: »

1. Aren't you sorry you asked

I am not.

What is gboard. and what is your read on me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Barney92 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Is this a double bluff wolf post? You straight out saying you're a wolf?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:
    Yeah I would be inclined to agree with your points from your perspective there. But I'm not a wolf, so would be great if we can get some more info from others.

Like I'm trying to see who wolf!tusk is teamed with...

So Baggly, myself and GnR are out, we've all pushed fairly hard on you already
    Ted and EN, if you're a wolf then you're bussing them right out the gate with your wolf in first four posters, just can't see it.
    Clara... like maybe. Don't see it though.
    If I squint hard I can see maybe Barney but eh... it's a stretch.

That leaves.... osh... I mean it's possible.

Or the person who hasn't posted yet, LadySkunk.

So I'm not feeling you as a wolf right now despite my inclinations from your posting

• Advertisement

Tusk set it off early with a quick we have a wolf here declare.

Clara jumped out then, purely gut.

I missed the late substitution of duffman & EN. Bit of cross posting & on phone here.

May explain a bit of my confusing stuff at start. Still finding my feet here too. Only 2 of them.

I'm not playing this gut game again.

Necro wrote: »
    Like I'm trying to see who wolf!tusk is teamed with...

So Baggly, myself and GnR are out, we've all pushed fairly hard on you already
    Ted and EN, if you're a wolf then you're bussing them right out the gate with your wolf in first four posters, just can't see it.
    Clara... like maybe. Don't see it though.
    If I squint hard I can see maybe Barney but eh... it's a stretch.

That leaves.... osh... I mean it's possible.

Or the person who hasn't posted yet, LadySkunk.

So I'm not feeling you as a wolf right now despite my inclinations from your posting
    No sorry. Hard? That's not hard that was a bit of meta fluff and craic. I've seen you guys play hard. I'm quite suspect of you saying this.

Is this a double bluff wolf post? You straight out saying you're a wolf?

Nope, just came into my head when you said that.

Although I will break my heart if you're a villager and you lynch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Baggly wrote: »
    Whats your take on the thread so far Osh / Ted?

At a bit of a loss so far in how we try to discover who the wolves are tbh! Though maybe that's just that there's not much info to go on in the first day.

Tusks' post about the 4 first posters did seem a bit weird but surely he wouldn't come out with that if he was a wolf? Did he explain the basis for it, is it a hunch, or just to get the conversation going? Is it a common strategy for a wolf to be one of the first posters?

Other than that, not really sure who else seems dodgy. Clarabel's post seemed weird too, but just seems like garbage so the purse thing doesn't seem so far fetched.

I'm hoping there might be some more to work with before lynch time tonight anyway.

Nope, just came into my head when you said that.

Although I will break my heart if you're a villager and you lynch me.

Break your heart *

• Advertisement

So you suspect tusk of being a wolf, but call Baggly one for calling Tusk a wolf? Can you talk me through that, as I could be missing something.

The clara thing is a bit of a leap too.

Thanks I'll have answers to both of those GnR. Are you taking questions at the moment :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Clarabel wrote:
    No sorry. Hard? That's not hard that was a bit of meta fluff and craic. I've seen you guys play hard. I'm quite suspect of you saying this.

Literally all my posts have been asking people's opinion on a possible perspective slip from tusk and then his follow up posts.

I'm only looking at a possible team mate for tusk IF he's a wolf not blanket clearing everyone.

Though, if tusk does flip wolf you should come back to this later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

tusk wrote:
    why did you call out duffman who hadn't posted yet?

I misread your 3 new posts as an additional 3 since you 1 in 4 in a wolf one.

So worked on the basis that

1st 4 - one wolf
    Next 3 - misread as posters as opposed to newbies. - all clear
    Rest - have to be wolves.

I misread your 3 new posts as an additional 3 since you 1 in 4 in a wolf one.

So worked on the basis that

1st 4 - one wolf
    Next 3 - misread as posters as opposed to newbies. - all clear
    Rest - have to be wolves.

Makes sense. Tabled. For now.

osh wrote:
    At a bit of a loss so far in how we try to discover who the wolves are tbh! Though maybe that's just that there's not much info to go on in the first day.

First lynch generally is a bit of turkey shoot tbh, particularly with the game starting on one.

It's hard to know how the wolves would play it. Lay back and not get any attention early on.

One thing we need to be careful of is to give the vig some cover so they can get a couple of shots off.

They might guess wrong, but it will thin the pool of potential wolves for us at the same time (and possibly help resolve some end of day wagons)

At my birthday party last month we were using my phone for the music. My head was melted constantly unlocking after it automatically locked after 5seconds.

At some point very drunkenly in the middle of the night I was trying to impress someone by proving how sober and smart I was by removing the pin and autolock features. I did it without even having to search through the settings. Click click. Boom done.

It was a great party, the music was amazing.

Things haven't been right since. Not because of the party, but it was a great party, my phone. It's odd since then, it doesn't autolock.

Fast forward to today, and actually most days of my life. I was in 10 places at once, also trying to read the werewolf thread. My shopping took me ages cause deciding what's for dinner while reading a thread is hard. I was replying to tusks message, it was meta, it was humourous I wanted to suss him out early. Got distracted by things, put my phone still on reply on top of my purse in my hand , squishy fingers jamming at the screen.

Shortly after I arrived at my car to realise that I had posted nonsense.

Now the important take aways from this post are.

1. Aren't you sorry you asked
    2. If you didn't wish me happy birthday, I'm having many this year. Today can be my birthday too so feel free to wish me
    3. Party was great

How old are you clara?

First lynch generally is a bit of turkey shoot tbh, particularly with the game starting on one.

It's hard to know how the wolves would play it. Lay back and not get any attention early on.

One thing we need to be careful of is to give the vig some cover so they can get a couple of shots off.

They might guess wrong, but it will thin the pool of potential wolves for us at the same time (and possibly help resolve some end of day wagons)

I'd be inclined to encourage the vig not to shoot too early. Thinning the pool yes, but also bringing us closer to LYLO potentially

tusk wrote: »
    How old are you clara?

My nanny always used to tell me I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth. But as a villager I don't have any teeth, so I guess I'll go with a truthful story.

I however am not ashamed of my age. I have had 28 birthday celebrations already this year. Which would make me 29 if someone wishes me today.

tusk wrote:
    I'd be inclined to encourage the vig not to shoot too early. Thinning the pool yes, but also bringing us closer to LYLO potentially

But what info are we going to garner by the vig holstering/not shooting? Theres no other roles in this game so the vig literally has to act as our seer in clearing a player through shooting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Seems like it would only be best for the Vig to shoot when he has read on someone no?

I mean with seven villagers and only two wolves, if they're shooting randomly odds are they'll kill a villager.

Or am I wrong, and maybe it's best to use whatever powers the village has?

• Advertisement

But what info are we going to garner by the vig holstering/not shooting? Theres no other roles in this game so the vig literally has to act as our seer in clearing a player through shooting them.

A clear dead villager doesn't do anything but bring is closer to lylo tho? And show that their reads were legit. It doesn't help us find a wolf. Unless he's lucky and hits one

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Necro wrote:

Tusk had finger pointed at him at being a potential wolf.

Then says please don't shoot anyone.

If I was a cynical person ...

osh wrote: »
    Seems like it would only be best for the Vig to shoot when he has read on someone no?

I mean with seven villagers and only two wolves, if they're shooting randomly odds are they'll kill a villager.

Or am I wrong, and maybe it's best to use whatever powers the village has?

I would wager that upwards of 80% of reads are wrong. I'm not saying it's the only option, just giving my own opinion after having seen it happen previously.

Tusk had finger pointed at him at being a potential wolf.

Then says please don't shoot anyone.

If I was a cynical person ...

Shoot me if you want. But my point will be proven for me and I'll die a martyr. Just like I always wanted :pac:

tusk wrote:
    A clear dead villager doesn't do anything but bring is closer to lylo tho? And show that their reads were legit. It doesn't help us find a wolf. Unless he's lucky and hits one

It also narrows the pool for wolves to hide in. There's pros and cons to shooting each night but I'd be firing if I was the vig tbh.

It also narrows the pool for wolves to hide in. There's pros and cons to shooting each night but I'd be firing if I was the vig tbh.

I could paint this as a wolfy move from my perspective. But on this particular thing I think there's room in both sides for villagers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Wow, I was muddling along thinking I was following OK. Went for a walk, got home and checked again and... holy crap! I'm so lost!

I've got random got feels bit nothing really

General question, if you're a villager why would you do anything that may throw suspicious eyes your way? I feel like some people have done that. Is it just because it's a game and people like having fun or would it normally be something more. For example, Barney breaking Clarabel's heart

(apologies if I get names wrong, I'm in a phone so can't see the posts while replying)

EN
    Osh
    T
    New players difficult to get reads on. Would I be correct in assuming you're all fine ladyfolk?
    Barney - nothing stands out.
    Necro - I've managed to get a mental block against necro and Bags and now they they same person
    Bags, same person. I think it's Necro who is FFA No1. For me
    Tusk- I'm doing my usual he's being odd like a wolf but I'm inclined to think he's not wolf this time. If he was the excitement levels would be off the charts. Or would he be containing them?
    GnR. Relax. You need to calm down.
    LadySkunk not posted. Wolf??

Wow, I was muddling along thinking I was following OK. Went for a walk, got home and checked again and... holy crap! I'm so lost!

I've got random got feels bit nothing really

General question, if you're a villager why would you do anything that may throw suspicious eyes your way? I feel like some people have done that. Is it just because it's a game and people like having fun or would it normally be something more. For example, Barney breaking Clarabel's heart

(apologies if I get names wrong, I'm in a phone so can't see the posts while replying)

A lot of the time people find wolfiness in other people's actions or posts, where the person isn't a wolf. It's just a game so some people do like to act the ham, but in general, villagers are less likely to try to filter themselves so can easily be pegged as wolves. Whereas wolves have to be careful with what they say, so can often come across as the most villagey

• Advertisement

Clarabel wrote:
    EN Osh T New players difficult to get reads on. Would I be correct in assuming you're all fine ladyfolk? Barney - nothing stands out. Necro - I've managed to get a mental block against necro and Bags and now they they same person Bags, same person. I think it's Necro who is FFA No1. For me Tusk- I'm doing my usual he's being odd like a wolf but I'm inclined to think he's not wolf this time. If he was the excitement levels would be off the charts. Or would he be containing them? GnR. Relax. You need to calm down. LadySkunk not posted. Wolf??

I can assure you that Baggly and myself are not the same person... :D

On me being on your FFA, care to explain why?

Advertisement