Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WereWolf: A 10 player Vigilante game.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote:
    Tusk
    Necro
    GnR

Any reasons Sir Baggles of Hobbiton? Or just gutting it out. You're wrong on me but sure whatevs Trevs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

1. Ted. Something doesn't feel right, started too confidently for a newbie I think. The first two posts feel coached to me...

It is veey easy to be confident of being a villager when that is what I am

I will admit my newbie status showed it's true colours in the next few posts after that. Went a bit incoherent for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Would it not be better to also give a line on why. Or is it just names posted in a ffa?

Anyway mine atm

1 tusk - the opening statement mainly. Also the fact that he cleared us newbies. Probably nothing but could be something to with inside knowledge?

2 ladyskunk - she’s posted now but just seems odd having not one post all day up to that.

Will think about a third but no one really stands out. Will look over posts again later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

osh wrote:
    Would it not be better to also give a line on why. Or is it just names posted in a ffa?

Yeah generally it is accompanied with reasoning so the chosen party can rebuff it (or not).
    Also shows you're thinking about why naming said people as opposed to throwing names at a dart board which can be construed as wolfy.

Now I'm not saying Baggly is wolfy just for his FFA but it is a part of his overall demureness that has me suspicious of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    Only calling it as I see it lads :) By all means prove me wrong

That's what I was doing with the green and red example necro, which you've ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah generally it is accompanied with reasoning so the chosen party can rebuff it (or not).
    Also shows you're thinking about why naming said people as opposed to throwing names at a dart board which can be construed as wolfy.

Now I'm not saying Baggly is wolfy just for his FFA but it is a part of his overall demureness that has me suspicious of him.

Well I’ll be interested in reading other people’s thoughts too. That’s the point of it right? Other people might spot things Ive missed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It is veey easy to be confident of being a villager when that is what I am

I will admit my newbie status showed it's true colours in the next few posts after that. Went a bit incoherent for a bit.

OK, I'll admit it, I'm still bitter about the Honeycomb Crunch :P

Barney92 wrote:
    So you suspect tusk of being a wolf, but call Baggly one for calling Tusk a wolf? Can you talk me through that, as I could be missing something.

The clara thing is a bit of a leap too.

This one Barney? Admittedly I missed it tbh. It's a fair question, I recall a certain Hunter of the coconut bars doing similar in another game (FFAing one person and using their reasoning for another person on the same FFA).

That same Hunter of the coconut bars turned out to be a wolf, so...

osh wrote:
    Well I’ll be interested in reading other people’s thoughts too. That’s the point of it right? Other people might spot things Ive missed etc

Yeah it's primarily an info gathering exercise for me. I dont necessarily ascribe to people voting for the top people when compiled but it helps the village in two ways:

1. Generally it's hard for villagers to come up with reasonings for an FFA, you can imagine it's probably doubly so for wolves.

2. Information is better shared on thread so if you think you've seen something (and are a villager) then you can put your thoughts out there and see if others agree with you. Or disagree, or whatever.

This one Barney? Admittedly I missed it tbh. It's a fair question, I recall a certain Hunter of the coconut bars doing similar in another game (FFAing one person and using their reasoning for another person on the same FFA).

That same Hunter of the coconut bars turned out to be a wolf, so...

So you're leaning towards him being Mayo Monster (for this read Green and Red is a wolf).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Sorry, another newbie question. Roles were random, yeah? I'm sure I read that but now can't find it. It wasn't sKeith picking as he saw fit...?

Barney92 wrote:
    So you're leaning towards him being Mayo Monster (for this read Green and Red is a wolf).

Like, the post of Baggly's is literally calling tusk a wolf right?

I don't see how you could wolf read Baggly purely off that post alone

Like, the post of Baggly's is literally calling tusk a wolf right?

I don't see how you could wolf read Baggly purely off that post alone

It seems bizarre to me alright.

And the Clara copy and paste thing.

Sorry, another newbie question. Roles were random, yeah? I'm sure I read that but now can't find it. It wasn't sKeith picking as he saw fit...?

Yip, roles are randomised so anyone could have been given any role before the game started. For fairness and all that sorta stuff :D

I don't recall reading it but it was almost certainly random.

Barney92 wrote:
    And the Clara copy and paste thing.

I've chosen to ignore the Clara thing as it's so weird. I cant think of any reason other than the one she gave as being plausible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sKeith wrote: »
    Okay, I'll rand up the game.
    If I can get all the pm's out before two, we can do day 1 today.

rand = Randomize

I've chosen to ignore the Clara thing as it's so weird. I cant think of any reason other than the one she gave as being plausible

But that sort of backs up my reasoning. I don't like any of the FFA at all. So I've only got one person on my FFA now.

#FFA1
    Green and Red - really, really dislike all of their FFA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

1. LadySkunk 2. Ted_YNWA 3. osh 4. Necro 5. Green&Red 6. Barney92 7. tusk 8. Baggly 9. Clarabel 10. Electric Nitwit
    1. LadySkunk
    2. Ted_YNWA
    3. osh 2 5
    4. Necro 2 5
    5. Green&Red
    6. Barney92 5
    7. tusk
    8. Baggly 2 1 5
    9. Clarabel
    10. Electric Nitwit 5 2 1

Totals 2 5 0 2 6 4 11 5 0 0

Is this a helpful format for FFA?

Clarabel wrote: »
    1. LadySkunk 2. Ted_YNWA 3. osh 4. Necro 5. Green&Red 6. Barney92 7. tusk 8. Baggly 9. Clarabel 10. Electric Nitwit
    1. LadySkunk
    2. Ted_YNWA
    3. osh 2 5
    4. Necro 2 5
    5. Green&Red
    6. Barney92 5
    7. tusk
    8. Baggly 2 1 5
    9. Clarabel
    10. Electric Nitwit 5 2 1

Totals 2 5 0 2 6 4 11 5 0 0

Is this a helpful format for FFA?

I like the idea but what does the five mean? I think they should all have 1s or Yes in the matrix, and then the total can be the count of the FFAs they are on.

• Advertisement

Barney92 wrote: »
    I like the idea but what does the five mean? I think they should all have 1s or Yes in the matrix, and then the total can be the count of the FFAs they are on.

I had them weighted...
    So 1st on FFA is 5 points, 2, is 2, and 3 is 1

I can do both next time

Thing is, most of the time I wouldn't weight my FFAs, I just give them out as my wolf leans.

Which are ever-changing and constant now as I'm having my doubts about Barney atm... :/

I hate this game sometimes :(

I had them weighted...
    So 1st on FFA is 5 points, 2, is 2, and 3 is 1

I can do both next time

Ah I see. I like the weighting idea, but I wonder if 5 is too high.

Thing is, most of the time I wouldn't weight my FFAs, I just give them out as my wolf leans.

Which are ever-changing and constant now as I'm having my doubts about Barney atm... :/

I hate this game sometimes :(

You've had doubts about me for hours it would seem, not just atm :)

Barney92 wrote:
    You've had doubts about me for hours it would seem, not just atm

Argh I worded it wrong, I mean doubts about my (admittedly mild) wolf lean on you from before

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Couple of posts in quick succession from G&R has bumped him up the list.

Green&Red wrote: »
    No I am not, I had my turn, it was fun, I'm back to the good side again
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Being a wolf is fun, la, la, la, munch,munch, munch

Being a wolf seeking villager is a much more serious business

Not a lot of posts here yet. Wondering is it just a jokey post, or hiding it in plain sight.

#ffa1

1. Barney for the breaking my heart stuff
    2. ladyskunk for low posting - look i know this is a **** reason but there are you now
    3. The newbies - DEFEND YOURSELF. Only jokin (kinda)
    3. GnR - you know gut wolfy

Argh I worded it wrong, I mean doubts about my (admittedly mild) wolf lean on you from before

Ah I see. Yes you should have doubts about your wolf lean. Very strong doubts indeed.

tumblr_n6m56kHuIr1qg1qx9o4_r1_500.gif

LadySkunk Ted_YNWA osh Necro Green&Red Barney92 tusk Baggly Clarabel Electric Nitwit
    LadySkunk
    Ted_YNWA
    osh 2 5
    Necro 2 5
    Green&Red 5 1 2
    Barney92 5
    tusk
    Baggly 2 1 5
    Clarabel 2 1 5
    Electric Nitwit 5 2 1

Votes 2 1 0 1 3 3 4 2 1 0

Weighted 4 5 0 2 7 9 16 6 2 0

Weighted and counts show the same thing

• Advertisement

LadySkunk Ted_YNWA osh Necro Green&Red Barney92 tusk Baggly Clarabel Electric Nitwit
    LadySkunk
    Ted_YNWA
    osh 2 5
    Necro 2 5
    Green&Red 5 1 2
    Barney92 5
    tusk
    Baggly 2 1 5
    Clarabel 2 1 5
    Electric Nitwit 5 2 1

Votes 2 1 0 1 3 3 4 2 1 0

Weighted 4 5 0 2 7 9 16 6 2 0

Weighted and counts show the same thing

I'm not sure they show exactly the same thing though. By weights Tusk seems way ahead as the leading suspect, but by count myself and Green and Red seem a lot closer to him.

Advertisement