Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 5 Saint-Dies-Vosges > Colmar

Options
  • 10-07-2019 3:21pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can't see a thread, only 50km left, peaked my interest by the TG4 lads giving a good review of the Junior Tour and how great it is, also drilling in the importance of the Ras, worth a listen if you speak a bit of the Gaeilge.

6ea4e3b8-stage-five.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Took your sweet time. I was this II close to complaining to boards customer service

Eurosport commentary mentioned reports in French media this afternoon saying Katusha are done at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well thats a DQ, see you later Alaphilippe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Well thats a DQ, see you later Alaphilippe
    Taking the shortcut?

sullivlo wrote: »
    Taking the shortcut?

Off with his head :pac:

• Advertisement

What happened to Eddie Bos there?

Didn't think he'd get that, twas a long enough sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Dan Had a Puncture did he get back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Chapeau to Sagan.

Quotes from Dan:
    "My gears just stopped working and I had to change bikes. The guys were great, they were right there. It was almost the worst moment of the race – two minutes later would have been the worst moment. Jasper [Philipsen] was incredibly strong, Vegard [Stake Laengen] was there and Sergio [Henao], too – we didn’t even need him but they brought me back to the front. It was a good team effort and hopefully that’s the end of my mechanicals.
    "Today was about saving as much energy as possible. Hitting those climbs today was a good little taster for the legs. Tomorrow is a really big stage. It’s going to be a really hard day – possibly the hardest of the Tour – and everyone will be fresh and explosive.”

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Sam would've beat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Zakarin and Rohan Dennis very much of the pace today and both lost time yesterday. Presume Dennis working for Nibali but form doesn’t look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Eurosport commentary mentioned reports in French media this afternoon saying Katusha are done at the end of the season.

looks like its offical.....https://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-route/Actualites/L-equipe-katusha-va-disparaitre/1038670

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Why is UAE- Team Emirates abbreviated as UAD?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Why is UAE- Team Emirates abbreviated as UAD?

Were they not originally UAE - Abu Dhabi after the change from Lampre–Merida ? Likely never updated the UCI code when they then changed to UAE Team Emirates.

Ineos still had the old SKY UCI code pop up there the other day,

Advertisement