Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad show experience and mismanagement - refund?

Options
  • 10-07-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this - short version we went to a show in the bord gais theatre, a guy behind us was pissed and loud and boorish, he was in and out to the bar a few times and then we just couldn't cope when he came back again even louder and more pissed (or he appeared to be intoxicated).

Went out an a supervisor knew exactly who we were talking about as he'd apparently been rowing with him trying to get more drink.

They accommodated us elsewhere with two seats in a disused box, however these seats were worse than what we paid for (obscured view).

Giving up trying to talk to a manager in the bord gais by phone and email - basically looking for some refund given they shouldn't have been serving and readmitting someone under the influence and I'm sure they know themselves the new seats were crap.

Been told the small claims court woulnd't look at a case like this - so, any ideas how to proceed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Allinall

I would actually just put it down to bad luck and move on.
    You’re never going to get the peaceful enjoyment of the event back.

Is the money really that important?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Allinall wrote: »
    I would actually just put it down to bad luck and move on.
    You’re never going to get the peaceful enjoyment of the event back.

Is the money really that important?

Agreed, happened to us a few years at an outdoor seated gig, two drunk couples in front kinda ruined the gig, but we made the best of it.

Downside to public events, forget it, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Cheers folks, not the money more BGT not acknowledging that they shouldn't be serving and readmitting people pissed off their heads, especially for quiet seated events! Will move on but still will rankle next time I am there!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’d kind of disagree with other posters here. When you go to a play/show in a theatre, you are told to be quiet, and in some cases you are not even allowed take your seat if you arrive late (in case you disturb other attendees). It’s a different expectation to attending a music gig etc.

If the staff left a drunk person back into the theatre, then they were negligent IMO. I’d definitely continue to raise the matter to management.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Won’t reply to emails (sent to general email and that of an assistant manager)and when I ring it doesn’t get further than “I’ll bring your email to management’s attention” so think I’m at the end of the road anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I’d find the name of the chief executive and send them a direct complaint.

dudara wrote: »
    I’d find the name of the chief executive and send them a direct complaint.

yep

and twitter is a mighty way to get a response if one-to-one communication is a dead end

Advertisement