Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Apprenticeship/ CPA Ireland

Options
  • 10-07-2019 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am looking to get into an accounting course, I am looking at different options and trying to weigh up which would be best so if you have any advice or if you have entered via these routes let me know what it was like and how you got on/progressed since.

This would be a career change for me as I have no previous experience, I would be going in as a mature student.

I was let go from my previous job recently so I dont really have the funds to pay full tuition. Tuition seems to be covered for options below.

The first option I came across was the Accounting Technicians Ireland Apprenticeship. I would need to be successful in being placed into an apprenticeship job after an interview stage. After this I would stud in class 1 day per week and work 4 days. I would earn a wage while also learning so this is very appealing to me as I could also put into practice what I am learning. This would be over 2 years and after successful completion I would be a qualified accounting technician with 2 years work experience under my belt.

The second option would be with CPA Ireland, They dont do an apprenticeship as such however they do have a career advisor who can try to help place you into a full-time position while you complete the coursework online for the first course which is the certificate in business and accounting. You then go on to complete the CPA qualification in accountancy which I believe is over 36 months after which you are qualified. I need to get more info on the ins and outs of this as I am not 100% on some of the info.

I am wondering if the ACCA diploma in accounting and business would be better than the CPA route.

Any advice, recommendations or info on what path you have taken is appreciated!:)

Advertisement