Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi extender via cat6

Options
  • 10-07-2019 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

So I have a few dark wifi areas in the house.
    luckily smartly I have wired for this, thanks to advice given here when building.
    Now is there a wifi extender that I can plug in a cat 6 cable that's plugged into router and just repeat the wifi and not have a new network?
    Power beside the cat6 also.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    So I have a few dark wifi areas in the house.
    luckily smartly I have wired for this, thanks to advice given here when building.
    Now is there a wifi extender that I can plug in a cat 6 cable that's plugged into router and just repeat the wifi and not have a new network?
    Power beside the cat6 also.

An access point, not a repeater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

An access point, not a repeater.

I have a few NETGEAR WiFi range extenders running in AP mode off cat6a cable. I got ones that let you use the plug as normal too. 2.4 and 5.8ghz. I have 3 for the whole house and it gives us one single network using this solution.

Edit: this one.
    NETGEAR 11AC 1200 Mbps Dual Band... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IR41A40?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Sound purchased, thanks all

Advertisement