Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance

• 10-07-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what things I should add into the insured value for a contents insurance quote. Should I include the built in kitchen fittings?

House is in Wicklow, which has the highest national average of 47k for 2016, I haven't found anything more up to date yet.

The building itself should be included in the management company fee, although I have to confirm this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Built in units form part of the definition of Buildings. In lay man's terms, Contents are anything you could, but not necessarily would, take with you if you left the house. Such as clothes, furniture, electrical equipment, etc. As an example, carpets are Contents, but a laminated or tiled floor is Buildings. A free standing wardrobe is Contents, a built-in wardrobe is Buildings.

Your sum insured should reflect the cost of replacing your contents at today's prices

Advertisement