Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No display when turning on computer

Options
  • 10-07-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed over the last while not every time but sometimes when i turn my pc on it starts up as normal you get the boot screen but then the display (My Tv) goes blank.

The only way i can get it back to normal is holding in the power button then plugging out the computer.

I have gotten this the odd time in the past and i dunno what causes it.

I dont want the computer to end up with issues as i remember this happening years ago and ended up having to format windows.

Everything is connected fine no loose cables or faulty hardware. Windows 10 and the computer itself is running perfectly as normal and tv works no issues other then this. Its only a few years old as well so no problem there.

So i have no idea what triggers this at random times!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Noticed over the last while not every time but sometimes when i turn my pc on it starts up as normal you get the boot screen but then the display (My Tv) goes blank.

The only way i can get it back to normal is holding in the power button then plugging out the computer.

I have gotten this the odd time in the past and i dunno what causes it.

I dont want the computer to end up with issues as i remember this happening years ago and ended up having to format windows.

Everything is connected fine no loose cables or faulty hardware. Windows 10 and the computer itself is running perfectly as normal and tv works no issues other then this. Its only a few years old as well so no problem there.

So i have no idea what triggers this at random times!

Any ideas?

I'm having a similar issue with a Dell xps. The solution I use is to but the PC up first and wait for the num lock to light up on the keyboard. Once it has I then power on the monitor and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'm having a similar issue with a Dell xps. The solution I use is to but the PC up first and wait for the num lock to light up on the keyboard. Once it has I then power on the monitor and it works fine.

Ill have to check this out next time turn on the pc. Thanks! Funny enough not once since i posted have i had the issue so many the computer took note seeing as technology is listening and watching in on everything we do these days!!!!

Advertisement