Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Littlewoods order being hounded for money

Options
  • 10-07-2019 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered a bed and headboard a few months ago from Littlewoods.

The order went on and on for ages with no sign of the delivery. I tracked it and fastway reported they could not find my address (odd as I regularly get things delivered to my address with no issues in past).

Anyway, fastway could not deliver the bed and sent the bed back to Littlewoods in the uk, I got onto Littlewoods and they said they would re- issue another one bit I declined and requested my money back and cancel the whole order.

Roll on a few days later I arrive home from work to find my neighbor took in a headboard from littlewoods addresses to me delivered by fastway.

The money had been credited back to my account so I left the headboard sitting in my hallway. I got a threatening letter from them on Friday saying they are looking for payment ASAP for headboard. I contacted them and they said they will organize a collection for Tuesday at 12pm. I took time off work to make sure I was there, they never turned up. I rang this Morning and they said someone would call today to collect again nobody came.

Can anyone suggest what I should do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Nothing. Tell them if they want it they can collect at a time that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I think you should get off your high horse and be a bit more reasonable. Mistakes happen.
    You said they delivered stuff for you before but do you have one of those daft addresses like "Sally Gobsheen, Dublin rd, Longford" with no house number or postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

A bit more responsible??

I took a half day in work to be there at the agreed time organized by littlewoods, what more would you suggest I should do then?? Take a week off work??

I came home early today and they never came as well..... I take it was a mistake yes but I am more than obliging and yet they don’t hold their part of the arrangements!

And no I don’t have one of those daft addresses as your suggest.

Thanks for your assistance and advice great help it was!
    antix80 wrote: »
    I think you should get off your high horse and be a bit more reasonable. Mistakes happen.
    You said they delivered stuff for you before but do you have one of those daft addresses like "Sally Gobsheen, Dublin rd, Longford" with no house number or postcode?

And I forgot to add, how did they find my address two days later for the headboard and couldn’t for the bed earlier on in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bri007 wrote: »
    And I forgot to add, how did they find my address two days later for the headboard and couldn’t for the bed earlier on in the week.

Fastway have to be without doubt the worst delivery co in the country. It amazes me that their still in business.
    I'd call littlewoods again, give them a time for collection that suits you and take it from there. You've been more than accommodating so far.

• Advertisement

I rang them late this evening and they asked for my mobile number again. They told me fastway will contact me to arrange a collection but in meantime I can contact them myself. I’ve been trying to contact them all day, they don’t answer calls. I emailed and nobody got back to me.

Very frustrating, Just want it gone now. I’m raging I gave up half day annual leave to be in for nothing.
    Fastway have to be without doubt the worst delivery co in the country. It amazes me that their still in business.
    I'd call littlewoods again, give them a time for collection that suits you and take it from there. You've been more than accommodating so far.

A bit more responsible??

Calm down, Sally. I said reasonable. I meant more temperate.
    Maybe the courier can't find your address.

The courier found it two days later. The point I was making is that I’ve exhausted all avenues to allow for collection and littlewoods have not committed to the times and dates set to collect the headboard.

I was just looking for some advice or peoples experiences of same if any.
    Calm down, Sally. I said reasonable. I meant more temperate.
    Maybe the courier can't find your address.

Just tell them the courier picked it up at the agreed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Tell them he can't find your house :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lol

Telling someone to get off their high horse while atop your own high horse is amusing but rather hypocritical..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,581 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ring littlewoods

Inform them you are recording the copnversation (for training purposes)

Tell them the item will be outside your front door on XX,XX,2019 date from xx.xx oclock for collection.

If it's not collected it will be binned.

You didn't sign for it so not your problem.

If it's not collected just tell them it wasn't there ehen you returned so someone collected it.

Keep it or bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tell Littlewoods (by letter or some form of recorded word) that you have received unwanted and unsolicited goods from them and that they have X (say 5) working days to retrieve their property, otherwise you will be disposing of it and charging them for the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1980/act/16/section/47/enacted/en/html

PART VI

Miscellaneous

Unsolicited goods.

47.—(1) Where—

(a) unsolicited goods are sent to a person with a view to his acquiring them and are received by him, and

(b) the recipient has neither agreed to acquire nor agreed to return them,

and either—

(i) during the period of six months following the date of receipt of the goods the sender did not take possession of them and the recipient did not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to do so, or

(ii) not less than 30 days before the expiration of that period the recipient gave notice to the sender and during the following 30 days the sender did not take possession of the goods and the recipient did not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to do so,

then the recipient may treat the goods as if they were an unconditional gift to him and any right of the sender to the goods shall be extinguished.

(2) The notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be in writing and shall state—

(a) the recipient's name and address and the address at which the sender may take possession of the goods (if not the same) and

(b) that the goods are unsolicited.

(3) A person who, not having reasonable cause to believe there is a right to payment, in the course of any business, makes a demand for payment, or asserts a present or prospective right to payment for what he knows are unsolicited goods sent to another person with a view to his acquiring them, shall be guilty of an offence.

(4) A person who, not having reasonable cause to believe there is a right to payment in the course of any business and with a view to obtaining any payment for what he knows or ought to know are unsolicited goods—

(a) threatens to bring any legal proceedings,

(b) places or causes to be placed the name of any person on a list of defaulters or debtors or threatens to do so, or

(c) invokes or causes to be invoked any other collection procedure or threatens to do so,

shall be guilty of an offence.

(5) In this section—

“acquire” includes hire,

“send” includes deliver,

“sender” includes any person on whose behalf or with whose consent the goods are sent and any other person claiming through or under the sender or any such person,

“unsolicited” means, in relation to goods sent to any person, that they are sent without any prior request by him or on his behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

These are unsolicited goods, so it is relevant.

These are unsolicited goods, so it is relevant.
    I ordered a bed and headboard a few months ago from Littlewoods.

Irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Irrelevant

It would be very helpful if you can explain why, rather than simply saying “irrelevant”. The OP also cancelled her order.

Advertisement