Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

If your not going to eat it don't shoot it that goes for deer aswell. Rabbits that I shoot are eating by me or the dog sometimes I would use gut shot rabbits in a smelly pipe to lure foxes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tjdoh01234

Hi Lads, I am looking for advice on what is the best way forward on this. I have deer permission that I use yearly. Normally shoot 2-3 deer for the year, get them butchered and freeze for my own use and a few friends. After that I dont shoot anymore deer. This year the farmers I have permission off want me to take out a higher number due to damage etc. What do lads do with deer that they can't eat? Is there game dealers in the west (mayo / galway / sligo) that I cn can sell to. Not looking to do this for financial gains at all, just couldn't shoot and let them go to waste. Any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

tjdoh01234 wrote: »
    What do lads do with deer that they can't eat? .

Not sure I understand that question.
    I’d eat deer 24/7 if I could.
    Breakfast lunch and dinner. And I know the entire rugby team I play on would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

....yes a bigger freezer and repertoire of recipes will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tjdoh01234

Thanks for that, come to the west and i will give them to ye!!. Farmers are looking for 10-15 minimum taken out. Any of ye use / reconmend a good game dealer in the west?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

tjdoh01234 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, come to the west and i will give them to ye!!. Farmers are looking for 10-15 minimum taken out. Any of ye use / reconmend a good game dealer in the west?

How far west?

I'm south, but I'd travel as far as it takes just to get away from the wife.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I think this is a good hi-jack on a rabbit tread. fOigLP4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Deeman83

I have a whippet and I am looking places to hunt rabbits.

WHere abouts are you?

Advertisement