Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post of responsibility payment (acting up)

Options
  • 10-07-2019 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Primary teacher. Have taken over a post of responsibility for a maternity leave in my school. Today was the first payment of the post. Not sure I'm understanding the breakdown on payslip:
    Gross earnings:
    Basic pay .....
    Asst.principal 2/s 144.46
    Qualification allowance 188.50
    Arrears (grouped) 866.76

Can anyone explain the arrears payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

You are not paid for the first 6 months, but then it is backdated.

(Arrears of 866.76 / 6 months = €144.46)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I thought it was only the first 80 odd days that you were not paid for and then payment kicked in? I'm only acting up since mid April so how would i be backdated?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well 866/6 is 6 payment of arrears not 6 months? How often are primary school teachers paid?

144 is the fortnightly rate for AP2 post. Sounds like 6 payments is 12 weeks pay which would be April, May, June. Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Yeah, meant 6 payments, not months.

We're paid monthly so I always forget about the fortnightly thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thank you. Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth but always wary when it comes to the dept.

• Advertisement
Advertisement