Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How/where does a young French teacher find accom in Limerick?

• 11-07-2019 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭

One of my young French friends has got herself a teaching job in Askeaton, and will need to find accommodation for herself and another friend for the new school year. She's heading over in a couple of weeks to get her bearings, but already knows that she'd prefer to rent a flat in Limerick city. Any suggestions as to where she should start looking? Are there any agencies particularly good at dealing with tenants who have no previous history and no references?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

One of my young French friends has got herself a teaching job in Askeaton, and will need to find accommodation for herself and another friend for the new school year. She's heading over in a couple of weeks to get her bearings, but already knows that she'd prefer to rent a flat in Limerick city. Any suggestions as to where she should start looking? Are there any agencies particularly good at dealing with tenants who have no previous history and no references?

Daft is your best chance, my advise start straight away and take the risk decent place you get offered. Accom is very scarce and tough to get especially in August and Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The Alliance Francaise in Limerick would be a good place to look for advice and perhaps to meet other French people living in Limerick who may be able to help find accommodation for your friend.
    Another problem she will have is commuting to work every day. Askeaton is nineteen miles from Limerick City and not well served by public transport so having the use of a car to travel to and fro would be essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

She's already looked at the practicalities of transport and knows there's only one (useful) bus each way, but she says she'd prefer to take her chances with the commute so as to be able to profit from a bit of city life in her spare time!

Will put her in touch with Alliance Française.

Advertisement