Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair botox / keratin treatment in Cork

Options
  • 11-07-2019 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi peeps,

Does anyone know / can recommend a place in Cork doing hair botox or keratin? I asked at Peter Marks recently, but they don't do it (don't know why).

If you had it done before, were you happy with the results and how long did it last?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hair botox? This is new to me - how would that work?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MommaSarah

GingerLily wrote: »
    Hair botox? This is new to me - how would that work?

It's supposed to smooth your hair, so it looks ultra sleek. But it's not the same botox that is used for wrinkles, it something similar to keratin. This method is something like 6 years old, so I don't know why the big hair salons haven't picked up on it... I saw some videos on instagram recently from a hair salon in Russia and the results were stunning, hence my interest in it, as my hair is cr*p...

I tried to google "hair botox cork", but all I'm getting is beauty clinics...

hair-botox-before-after-photo@2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Similar to the 12 week blowdry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I just looked it up, and there's no actual Botox in it, which is a relief, that stuff is lethal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 MommaSarah

lashes34 wrote: »
    Similar to the 12 week blowdry?

I have no idea - what is a 12 week blowdry, if you don't mind explaining? I just want my hair straight and sleek for as long as possible - it takes me ages to straighten my hair with a straightner (1 hour), so I hardly ever do it myself and usually there's no-one around to do it for me... and paying €30 for a straightening service at a hairdresser's twice a week is quite expensive for me...

GingerLily wrote: »
    I just looked it up, and there's no actual Botox in it, which is a relief, that stuff is lethal

...I can imagine, I wasn't so keen at first, but then I read it's only a name.
    I'd love my hair to be like in this video (hopefully the link will get you there)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwCZwDSB88d/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

You need to find a salon that offers a keratin straightening service.

I think Wayne Lloyd’s salon on Washington Street, Cork. offers a ‘permanent straightening’ service. It’s lasts around 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Brazilian blowdry, hair botox, 12 week blowdry are all the same thing i.e. a keratin treatment applied to your hair using first hair dryer and high heat straightener. Most salon brands have a version it now.

I've been getting them done for about 5-6 years now. They used to be more effective as they contained formaldehyde but this was proven to be harmful so taken off the market a few years ago. It still works to some degree but definitely not to the same effect. You need to use sulphate and silicone free products to maintain it or it will be stripped from your hair quickly.

It does not straighten your hair but removes frizziness and bulk so your hair looks sleeker and shinier plus takes a lot less time to blowdry yourself at home.

If you google 12 week blowdry or keratin treatment on this forum, you'll find loads of information. Just be mindful that after 2015 or thereabouts the formula was changed so I wouldn't bother with the older posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Similar to lubie, I get a 16 week blow dry done a couple of times a year. Its amazing and means for me that I spend less time drying my hair, there is less frizz, and its easier to straighten. I am yet to find a treatment that can guarantee sleek straight hair without putting a huge amount of time and effort at home.

My hairdresser uses the QOD system and when I get my treatment I get a bottle of shampoo & conditioner to take home. http://www.qodireland.ie/ - I'm sure if you contact them they will be able to tell you if there is someone local to you doing it.

Advertisement