Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft recurring charges

Options
  • 11-07-2019 5:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭

Hi wondering if anyone was / is in the same predicament?
    I cancelled my recurring charge with Microsoft for my kids Xbox live gold last year,but still they're attempting to take the amount from my bank,
    lucky enough I changed my card details and card or otherwise I'd not have known anything about this and TBH don't even remember signing up for it
    ,but sick of the email reminders any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Redirect the emails to your Spam folder. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Payton wrote: »
    Redirect the emails to your Spam folder. Problem solved.
    Yep thanks, just so vv annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I had a similar issue with their office products. They kept taking money each month after I cancelled my subscription. In the end I had to do a charge back with my bank.

I had a similar issue with their office products. They kept taking money each month after I cancelled my subscription. In the end I had to do a charge back with my bank.
    Awful stuff,I was lucky I changed bank card details etc,but wouldn't have been any wiser unless I received the email,and the bells and whistles I went through to cancel it- nightmare,never again ,as bad as eir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Awful stuff,I was lucky I changed bank card details etc,but wouldn't have been any wiser unless I received the email,and the bells and whistles I went through to cancel it- nightmare,never again ,as bad as eir

It was very poor on their part. I noticed after they took the second payment and I called them then. I spent 3 months trying to get my money back before doing a charge back. I had the email of them confirming everything was cancelled so the bank get everything sorted fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Hmm I cancelled and that was the last I heard of it. No pushiness, no reminders, etc.

Maybe Check that you actually have it cancelled

It was very poor on their part. I noticed after they took the second payment and I called them then. I spent 3 months trying to get my money back before doing a charge back. I had the email of them confirming everything was cancelled so the bank get everything sorted fairly quickly.
    They're unreal

Hmm I cancelled and that was the last I heard of it. No pushiness, no reminders, etc.

Maybe Check that you actually have it cancelled
    I signed back in- cancelled again- yet on 3 occasions they tried to take the recurring ( Which I previously cancelled)charge out again

Advertisement