Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC PIR

Options
  • 11-07-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive a new HKC Hybrid alarm installed, unfortunately I wasn't there when the installer finished up so didn't quite get a full run down of whats whats.

But one question I have is there is now 3 PIRs downstairs (maybe overkill but its what was done this is alongside inertia and contact window senors) 2 of the PIRs appear to be wired and one an RF wireless.

Question: the RF PIR does not 'blink' at all as in it does not light up like the other wired ones. Is this normal?

Also the blink light in the others particularly in the sitting room is a little distracting does it have to 'blink'? or is it a case of just getting use to it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Doop wrote: »
    Hi,

Ive a new HKC Hybrid alarm installed, unfortunately I wasn't there when the installer finished up so didn't quite get a full run down of whats whats.

But one question I have is there is now 3 PIRs downstairs (maybe overkill but its what was done this is alongside inertia and contact window senors) 2 of the PIRs appear to be wired and one an RF wireless.

Question: the RF PIR does not 'blink' at all as in it does not light up like the other wired ones. Is this normal?

Also the blink light in the others particularly in the sitting room is a little distracting does it have to 'blink'? or is it a case of just getting use to it?

Thanks

RF beam doesnt blink so as to prolong battery life. The wired beam blink can be turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

alta stare wrote: »
    RF beam doesnt blink so as to prolong battery life. The wired beam blink can be turned off.

Thanks a mill... that explains that... any idea how to turn it off is it on the PIR itself or from the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Doop wrote: »
    Thanks a mill... that explains that... any idea how to turn it off is it on the PIR itself or from the panel?

No bothers.

The PIR itself. There should be jumpers in it. It's shows the settings for what you want.

Advertisement