Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Tour de France – Stage 6 – Mulhouse–La Planche des Belles Filles – 157

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Eh, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Dan finished strong enough,

that was some finish, that hill made them look almost human

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I like that finish, poor Ciccone,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Jesus Christ if Thomas does that well on a climb like that it looks ominous. Wow.

Not looking good for Bardet this tour. Lost a good whack of time there.

• Advertisement

Ciccone in yellow. Good on him and good on Alaphilippe for fighting to keep it there at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Top 20 on GC
    gc3.jpg

You have to give Alaphilippe a chance of regaining yellow with some of the upcoming stages particularly with bonus seconds in play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Very surprised by Geraint Thomas’ performance today. Said himself that this wasn’t a finish that would suit him and has had no form coming into the Tour.

He’s one of four riders that I can think of that became grand your riders in their 30s. Riis, Rasmussen and Di luca being the others.

Great ride by Ciccione after a great Giro too. Encouraging to see Dan there at the end.

letape wrote: »
    Very surprised by Geraint Thomas’ performance today. Said himself that this wasn’t a finish that would suit him and has had no form coming into the Tour.

He’s one of four riders that I can think of that became grand your riders in their 30s. Riis, Rasmussen and Di luca being the others.

Great ride by Ciccione after a great Giro too. Encouraging to see Dan there at the end.

You forgot Chris Horner;)

LMAO I've just seen the poll and TJVG with most votes. Is this like a meme like picking "Vino" was back in the day?

• Advertisement

Angliru wrote: »
    LMAO I've just seen the poll and TJVG with most votes. Is this like a meme like picking "Vino" was back in the day?

No the poll was in reverse, not who would win but who f#*k up the most so six predicted the result correctly, personally I felt Tejay would have at least made it to the rest day before sinking without trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,460 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great job by the two lads to hang on, great job by Alaphilippe too.
    Major statement made by Geraint Thomas.

cunavalos wrote: »
    No the poll was in reverse, not who would win but who f#*k up the most so six predicted the result correctly, personally I felt Tejay would have at least made it to the rest day before sinking without trace.

Exactly - TJ lost 8 minutes today. He was always the obvious loser! I couldn’t understand why so many voted for Dan but maybe others misread the poll.

Off topic: but I see Nico lost 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not very subtle doping accusation.

Do you mean age of first GC win? For TdF winners...

Evans won at 34.
    Sastre at 33.
    Pereiro at 30 (minus Landis).

Or something else like the number of years between first competing and getting podiums? Or age of first competing? Or what?

I'm sure you know Thomas spent many years as a track and classics rider. Which proves nothing, it's just a collection of facts to be interpreted subjectively.

People see what they want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Thomas went up that ramp and passed Alaphilippe, riding in the saddle.

Would've liked to see Alaphilippe keep the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Dan going well, but lost 18 seconds on the yellow jersey while climbing nearly 20 places on GC. Cream rising to the top now and progress will be harder from here, but he is also ahead of the likes of Bardet, Nibali, Porte, Luksenko, Valverde etc

Lumen wrote: »
    People see what they want to see.

And some people see nothing.

Wasn’t a doping accusation but rather stating a fact. Read it how you want.

And some people see nothing.

I don't see nothing, I just don't see the point of speculating without facts.
    Wasn’t a doping accusation but rather stating a fact. Read it how you want.

Oh come on, that's just laughably dishonest. You're comparing Thomas to three massive dopers.

cunavalos wrote: »

I'm an idiot....

I don't see nothing, I just don't see the point of speculating without facts.

Oh come on, that's just laughably dishonest. You're comparing Thomas to three massive dopers.

Draw your own conclusions.

You’ve accused me of doping speculation and now of lying. I don’t appreciate either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Exactly - TJ lost 8 minutes today. He was always the obvious loser! I couldn’t understand why so many voted for Dan but maybe others misread the poll.

Off topic: but I see Nico lost 17 minutes.

Team orders at Sunweb....no GC rider only stages including Kelderman & Kamna

Draw your own conclusions.

You’ve accused me of doping speculation and now of lying. I don’t appreciate either.
    I'm giving you credit for your dishonesty, because the alternative interpretation would be that you didn't understand the implication you were making, and I believe you to be far too knowledgeable for that. :)

I'm giving you credit for your dishonesty, because the alternative interpretation would be that you didn't understand the implication you were making, and I believe you to be far too knowledgeable for that. :)

I’ll read that as a compliment and accept it 😄

Lumen wrote:
    Not very subtle doping accusation.
    I didn't read that into his comment. Is it possible that you are the only one seeing this?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I didn't read that into his comment. Is it possible that you are the only one seeing this?
    I assume that's a rhetorical question.

Lumen wrote:
    I assume that's a rhetorical question.
    No, I asked you a question.
    You need to stop trying to read between the lines.

What is doping? *halo emoji*

eagle eye wrote: »
    No, I asked you a question.
    You need to stop trying to read between the lines.

How can I possibly know what every other person who has read a post thinks? That's a rhetorical question, the answer is that I can't.

So yes, it's possible that I'm alone in my interpretation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: Aaaaaand we're drawing a line under the OT bickering. Stage talk only from now on please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Just watched the highlights. Who ever added that kilometre into it is a sick sadist... and should be applauded.

That was great to watch, even if my legs are sore just looking at it.

Advertisement