Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Tour de France – Stage 6 – Mulhouse–La Planche des Belles Filles – 157

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

letape wrote: »
    Exactly - TJ lost 8 minutes today. He was always the obvious loser! I couldn’t understand why so many voted for Dan but maybe others misread the poll.

Off topic: but I see Nico lost 17 minutes.

Bit odd to include Van Garderen in the poll as he isn't even Education First's GC rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Bit odd to include Van Garderen in the poll as he isn't even Education First's GC rider.

TJ is automatically an option when the question involves losing time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

letape wrote: »
    Very surprised by Geraint Thomas’ performance today. Said himself that this wasn’t a finish that would suit him and has had no form coming into the Tour.

you think hes going to say hes absolutely flying in training and that a climb suits him ?

tbh its just not his style hes very self deprecating in interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Watched the ITV highlights last night, and their pre-stage interview he looked very nervous, for him at least. I actually voted him as the GC leader to lose the most time, but that was more the lack of racing rather than anything else. Important for him internally anyway.

Going to be a long Tour if we're going to have to rehash all of last years debates about him "suddenly" becoming a GC contender every mountain stage again. Think I might check out of the threads if that's going to be the case.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Can't see past Thomas and Ineos/Sky again this year, barring a bad crash which of course is always possible.
    Will there be an incline worse than 24% this year? GT handled it ok.
    Quintana I don't think will be a contender or Nibali. Pinot might make the podium.
    This tour badly needed Dumoulin.

• Advertisement

Can't see past Thomas and Ineos/Sky again this year, barring a bad crash which of course is always possible.
    Will there be an incline worse than 24% this year? GT handled it ok.
    Back loaded with mountains, several over 2,000m, so a bit early for that for me. Hard to know the effects of the first week - seemed to be less stressful, but harder. Most interesting tour GC wise for years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Back loaded with mountains, several over 2,000m, so a bit early for that for me. Hard to know the effects of the first week - seemed to be less stressful, but harder. Most interesting tour GC wise for years.

Hope I'm wrong. But there was a crushing inevitability when Thomas attacked yesterday

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong. But there was a crushing inevitability when Thomas attacked yesterday
    I still have enough doubts about the depth of his form, with the lack of racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Advertisement