Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building Compliance - Fire safety

• 11-07-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

I bought a small cottage about 6 years ago with an extension to the rear which left no back yard. It had been standing for 20 years so there was no problems called out from a planning perspective and the sale/mortgage went through fine.

Now, at sale time I'm being told that because there is no rear exit, and the kitchen is within 3 m of the front door, it's not compliant from a fire safety perspective. The surveyor has told us that a sprinkler system would probably be sufficient.

Does anyone know when such regulations were introduced? More importantly, would anyone have any idea of how much it would cost to install a sprinkler system in the house. It's tiny (40m squared) with a bathroom in the centre of the house.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

CPTM wrote: »
    I bought a small cottage about 6 years ago with an extension to the rear which left no back yard. It had been standing for 20 years so there was no problems called out from a planning perspective and the sale/mortgage went through fine.

Now, at sale time I'm being told that because there is no rear exit, and the kitchen is within 3 m of the front door, it's not compliant from a fire safety perspective. The surveyor has told us that a sprinkler system would probably be sufficient.

Does anyone know when such regulations were introduced? More importantly, would anyone have any idea of how much it would cost to install a sprinkler system in the house. It's tiny (40m squared) with a bathroom in the centre of the house.

how many bedrooms, and does the (each) bedroom have an opening from which someone can escape ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

sydthebeat wrote: »
    how many bedrooms, and does the (each) bedroom have an opening from which someone can escape ?

No, they are like a converted attic - only big skylights are there. 2 bedrooms..

Advertisement