Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newmarket July Meeting

• 11-07-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Some decent racing over the next 3 days.
    This is probably my favorite festival of the year after Ascot. Today is slack on the betting front but have 1 or 2 bets lined up.

In terms of horses running. The exciting Visinari goes in the July Stakes and seems to be talked up by everyone. So interested to see him. Also Masar will probably take beating in the Princess of Wales but neither are betting propositions for me.

I dont know why but there is something about Turgenev that i dont like. I said it before the Ascot race when Frankie was going for the 5 timer and nearly had egg on my face but i want to take him on again in this race.
    The one i came down on was a horse that was well beat in the same race and didnt really enjoy the run of things at Ascot and was looked after.
    Motafaawit is available at 14/1 and tbh it seems to good to be true so i have had a decent bet on him. Win only

The other i like is Wings Of Time in the 1m handicap at 5/1 off an opening mark of 90 he seems pretty well treated for what he showed on his 2 runs this year. He put up a decent performance when beaten under a penalty last time and 90 seems like it could be a bit of a snip. Win only again.

I may have a bet in the sprint handicap but i havent nailed that down yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This Visinari, by all accounts, seems to be an airplane.

But im taking him on with Royal Lytham each way. Think he ran better than finishing position implies lto, got a wee bump and ran on again, only beaten 3 lengths. Probably wants further but 14s is bigger than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

What in the name of christ was Kerrin McEvoy at there. The worst ride ive seen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Great call, Slattsy. Well done.

Shout Slattsy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A nightmare for punters

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Only seeing the result now, happy days. Didn't think RL would beat the fav, but I knew he wasn't a 14/1 poke, always worth following what you think may be a bit of value.

Anyone see Joe Fannings ride on Young Tiger there at doncaster?

Didn't back it myself but the drift and subsequent ride was disgusting

When you lads get the chance look back on it. It was tipped up by Hugh Taylor and connections didn't want it winning because the price was slashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Anyone see Joe Fannings ride on Young Tiger there at doncaster?

Didn't back it myself but the drift and subsequent ride was disgusting

When you lads get the chance look back on it. It was tipped up by Hugh Taylor and connections didn't want it winning because the price was slashed

Sounds like you backed it.

Earendil wrote: »
    Sounds like you backed it.

Nah I didn't back after seeing the drift. I just hate it when jockeys get away with stuff like that

Had a watch of the race. It was a bad ride. He didnt stop the bleeding thing though. I doubt highly that connections of a 17 race maiden who is rated 47 are stopping a horse to get a better opportunity to have a punt. If you believe that then youd want to give it up.

• Advertisement

Backed Communique at Epsom and Ascot which is pretty annoying. Unbeaten at Newmarket in 4 go's(twice on each course).

Will take that with Wings of Time. Heck of a ride by James Doyle giving him a solo away from everything.

Again I'm taking on the short priced fav in the 2 yr old race with Divine Spirit at 12s (last night) 10s now.

I think this is one of only a few horses in the field that will relish the fast going. Struggled at Ascot lto, when behind a few of these, on really soft ground, but was never really in the race. Won maiden as he liked on good ground and 12s was far too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DancingBears

Time to study looks big at 20s in the 3 o clock in Newmarket. I think he’s gets his ideal trip and ground today.

I backed Dark Vision in Ascot in the Britannia when Spencer rode him. I thought he shaped pretty well for most of the race and was just done for toe late on to get into the places. He has been dropped 2lbs for that and tbh i thought that was generous enough considering how he went through the race. Not bred to get the 1m 2f but he shapes and looks like a horse who would have no problem with this trip.
    He is definitely frustrating but id be dissapointed if he couldnt win 1 of these off a mark of 103 at some point. I took 10/1 with 4 places. Thought it was pretty fair.

I seen some 6/1 Final Song yesterday in the fillies 2yo race but the overnight vultures have got at that one and she is best priced 4/1 now. 4/1 seems right though. Everything else in the race seems pretty spot on. Perhaps the favorite is slightly shorter than id make her. Thought she should be closer to 2/1 or 7/4

If anyone can get on with Coral then 3/1 One Master is a stonking bet at that. I cant but got on at 11/4 which i think is overpriced on all known form. Had her a 9/4 or 2/1 shot.

Nothing else really took my fancy so just the 2 bets again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I backed Dark Vision in Ascot in the Britannia when Spencer rode him. I thought he shaped pretty well for most of the race and was just done for toe late on to get into the places. He has been dropped 2lbs for that and tbh i thought that was generous enough considering how he went through the race. Not bred to get the 1m 2f but he shapes and looks like a horse who would have no problem with this trip.
    He is definitely frustrating but id be dissapointed if he couldnt win 1 of these off a mark of 103 at some point. I took 10/1 with 4 places. Thought it was pretty fair.

On Dark Vision too, think h'capper has been very kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

on rattling ground celtic beauty will beat the favourite

I seen some 6/1 Final Song yesterday in the fillies 2yo race but the overnight vultures have got at that one and she is best priced 4/1 now. 4/1 seems right though. Everything else in the race seems pretty spot on. Perhaps the favorite is slightly shorter than id make her. Thought she should be closer to 2/1 or 7/4

If anyone can get on with Coral then 3/1 One Master is a stonking bet at that. I cant but got on at 11/4 which i think is overpriced on all known form. Had her a 9/4 or 2/1 shot.

Nothing else really took my fancy so just the 2 bets again today.

One Master 3/1 with B365. Kinda fancy Qabala but not betting.

One more bet today - Outbox in 3.00. Form from last win working out well, decent comeback run and still has loads of potential against this lot, who look exposed. 7/1 probably fair.

That was wildly impressive by Raffle Prize carrying a penalty against some decent fillies.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Again I'm taking on the short priced fav in the 2 yr old race with Divine Spirit at 12s (last night) 10s now.

I think this is one of only a few horses in the field that will relish the fast going. Struggled at Ascot lto, when behind a few of these, on really soft ground, but was never really in the race. Won maiden as he liked on good ground and 12s was far too big.

Haven't a clue what I'm doing :o

• Advertisement

The lads getting pretty stuck in to I Can Fly by the looks of it.
    Not sure i see it myself she has been given plenty of chances at this level and usually finds 1 or 2 to good.

I backed Veracious at Ascot so she is the most likely winner that i have abandoned her today.

Well that is some kick in the balls. Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭mackey9387

Not much of a horse Gambler I like the footie bets. One of the old lads in the bookies I go to is adamant Captain Dan will win the 8:40 Chepstow it's 3/1 if it's any use to anyone here. Again I'm not much of a horse person second hand information

Same :(

Giving it up now till Goodwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

It's typical, the day that punters abandoned her is the day she came good. Murphy was brilliant, he controlled the race and was hungry to win on her. I've had the knife into this horse since she won last year and was hyped, but she looked stronger and more willing this time than ever before. It was a poor race when the bookies pal I Can Fly could go off favourite.

A good day for Frankel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Just sticking the head in quickly.

6.15 Cork, Turnpike Trip, around 6/4 - 11/8. I'm told it won't be beat today, connections backed it and so did I.

I'm out.

2 more I'm after getting word for recently are.

7.20 Cork, Savina, nearly even's on the exchange. I'm told should win

7.50 Cork, Peregrine Run, again around even's on the exchange, I'm told not to back that, it won't win. I've layed.

Right I'm off to have a few beers.

Have a good week

Didn't back him myself as don't really pay any attention to summer jumps but jesus Peregrine Run must be one of the best placed horses all year. Seems to run every other week. Always evens or bigger available. Invariably wins. What a servant for Peter Fahey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Are pp not guaranteeing multiples anymore online ? Should I not get 3/1 on star shield ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gillamandango

Well it was not anyone in the know that told you that about Peregrine Run, thats for sure..
    SonOfGoat wrote: »

7.50 Cork, Peregrine Run, again around even's on the exchange, I'm told not to back that, it won't win. I've layed.

Have a good week

Why do the bookies keep giving us a great price on Peregrine Run? Opened up at 2s last night. I'm not complaining long may it last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Well it was not anyone in the know that told you that about Peregrine Run, thats for sure..
    SonOfGoat wrote: »

Have a good week

In fairness to him he seems to have a contact in every yard including over in America

Took the 9s on Ten Sovereigns back on fast ground over 6f. Definitely worth a bet on juvenile form and travelled better than anything in the guineas. Been backed from 9s since last night into 5s. Not sure if a tipster put it up to drop so much overnight?
    Value probably gone now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Brando to go one better than last year. Huge price!!

• Advertisement

Ten Sovs was 12s last night, now the lads have backed it into a general 4/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I was in Eastern Europe all week. It is a strange and wonderful place. Budapest is the weirdest capital city I have been in. Those Magyars are borderline between intriguing and deceiving, I have not reached a conclusion yet, I doubt they have either.

There is an awful lot of racing out there today, like almost too much. I am going to keep things really simple and watch most of it and maybe some small stakes gambling, to keep the wolves happy. Those dark eyed bloodthirsty wolves that haunt the River Danube looking for prey. Huffing and Puffing and blowing your house down.

Navan
    1.25 Jack Yeats - using the advanced 3 horse race backing the outsider method.

York
    2.40 Sea the Lion - using the advanced Up the Irish Raiders method.
    3.50 Ashaaq - Tim Easterby and Dave Allan, prowling a midsummer Knavesmire handicap like the wolves that they are.

Newamarket
    2.55 Wild Thunder - Because Saeed Manana is actually a wolf, you just never noticed before.

Ascot
    1.45 Growl - That's right you guessed it.

Be careful my liddle puppies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Super yankee
    Rip orf
    Escobar
    Raheen house
    Dream of dreams
    Beat the bank

3.10 Chester, Oh This Is Us, around 4/1 should run well.

I feel So Beloved.

Next at Newmarket.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Beat the Bank is alright....looked like he went wrong before/at the line

Thought the racing today was impossible. Have had a few small bets.
    Plumped for Pretty Pollyanna in the big one.

4.45 Newton Abbot, Too Much To Ask around 9/4 - 5/2 backed it to win, I can't see it getting beaten.

5.15 Newmarket, Hareeq, around 15/2 - 8/1 backed E.W

Took the 9s on Ten Sovereigns back on fast ground over 6f. Definitely worth a bet on juvenile form and travelled better than anything in the guineas. Been backed from 9s since last night into 5s. Not sure if a tipster put it up to drop so much overnight?

Well done

Did it very well

Good horse!!

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hopefully Beat the Bank is alright....looked like he went wrong before/at the line

Had to be put down.
    A pure sickener!!! Gutting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Motahassen @9.5 in the 19:35 Ham, (4pl).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭flos1964

Motahassen @9.5 in the 19:35 Ham, (4pl).
    i see what you done there...

Jesus he won that well. Fast ground key.

Advertisement