Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Dunnock. No Mice ...

Options
  • 11-07-2019 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Dog showed me a dead dunnock, this morning. No ring. No signs of how it might have got dead. Dog wanted to eat it. But, I decided that was just disgusting.

Reviewed the situation and dropped it into my snapper's tank.

Just cleaned him out. It was gnarly.

Got me thinking though; That one, complete packed diet did him more good than all the beef steak I feed him. I'd much rather have an endless supply of mice in the freezer.

But, he ate his way through the carrier bag I'd built up. And, I honestly can't remember the last time I caught a mouse, in here! Could have been a couple of winters now. No mice.

I have to admit; My thoughts turn toward that piney bitch who likes my roof. She's probably been here two or three years now .....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Snapping turtle is it? You'd want to watch your fingers with that lad.
    Which reminds me, its around this time of year the annual terrapin thread appears.

"I just saw a terrapin in the canal/Stephens Green pond, is this a rarity and who should I report it to?" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

:D Yeah, he's a Snapper alright! I always feed him his meat with a haemostat. He's grown somewhat, since I got him. Must say though; He's not actually vicious. He doesn't try to get me. But, should he get me, by accident? Hell, yeah!!!

Annual terrapin thread? I was just thinking, only yesterday; We could do with a baby bird and cockchafer one ;)

Advertisement