Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancer Rights

Options
  • 11-07-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular user but un-reg for this one.

I have been working in a company as a freelancer/contractor for the past 3 years.

Every 6 months they give me a new contract which basically says I have to obey all the company rules but at the same time I have no rights at all.

I am working a full time job like other employees in the company

Last year I asked to be taken off freelance position and was told NO!

Is that legal? Can they refuse to make me an employee even though I am doing the exact same thing as legacy employees in the company.

Most recently I requested holidays and was refused. They are too busy etc. I explained that I was a freelancer and that I didn't actually have to 'request' holidays, I could simply say that I was not available for work but they keep reminding me that I have to follow all company rules etc.

So after 3 years do I have any protected rights at all or is it all on their side?

Sorry if I sound a bit vague.

Advertisement