Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media student: Irish rugby and football fans wanted for quick survey for dissertation

• 11-07-2019 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi - I'm a media student doing a dissertation on media analysis of the Ireland rugby and football teams. I'm looking for anyone with an interest in either team to complete a quick multiple choice survey (3-4 mins). Link below:

https://surveyhero.com/c/58d71b3c

In particular I'm looking for some additional female fans and people from Munster, Connacht & Ulster, as most of the respondents so far have been males based in Leinster. But if you are an Irish sports fan of any kind, I'd really appreciate if you can help me out (and feel free to share the link).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey Bradley111,
    You are welcome to post in our Researcher forum. I will look about to see if I can draw in a few women to balance out your online convenience sample.

Have a grand weekend,
    Black Swan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Completed survey. Born Eire, but could not reliably answer your "from" question, so answered outside Ireland, because I moved several years ago across the pond to pursue education and work. Ironically, I used to be a Sports Cmod on this site, and an American football mod for several years (although America football is very different). Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Done......not sure of the correlation expected though.
    Best of luck.

Hi Bradley111,
    I assume that your data collection period has ended? If not let us know.

Curious if you received a necessary and sufficient number of replies from all the different sources you online survey administered, both here and elsewhere, to complete your research? I have been working with a doctoral student and his online survey, and although his pilot study was near 80 percent of the pilot population, the later online study fell way below expectations, forcing him to use nonparametric analysis, along with the limitation that he could not claim representation or generalise the results to his population.

Advertisement