Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have experience with addresspal?

Options
  • 11-07-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Thinking of buying an RTX 2070 super, and it seems to work out around 100 euro cheaper in the states, and it’s only 15 euro for address pal to get it to Ireland.

Does anyone have experience with address pal and is this a good idea? Will I run into any problems when building my pc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'll get hit for customs and taxes, not worth it. Especially not considering you may run into warranty problems even if you somehow avoided them, as a lot of vendors only accept returns through retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get RX 5700 XT next month instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ronan998

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Get RX 5700 XT next month instead.

From what I see the 2070 super performs better and plus I get ray tracing it down the line it becomes a really big feature in games. I know it Hits performance hard right now but with software optimization it may be realistic in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2070 Super performs 5-7% better - while costing 25% more.

And AMD-based consoles are set to get some form of ray tracing - I bet the Navi GPUs will get something, too.
    I also don't believe that Nvidia's solution can get noticeably better with just software optimization.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

APs base in the US opens every package slowing them down and 100% hit rate for VAT, Duty and Handling. Really not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I have experience of addresspal.

Its a disastrous service. Should you have any issues with your posted item, then
    you are on your own. Their customer service is non existent, as i have found out this
    week.

A parcel of mine delivered to UK hub 2 weeks ago, has completely gone off the radar.
    Despite numerous e mails over the last week to both anpost and addresspals "customer service"
    I have received no acknowledgement of my missing item.

Addresspals customer service contact e mail on their website is incorrect, by the omission of a fullstop
    in the address. Anpost have the same proper contact address, with the full stop.

Devious way of getting you to post your complaints to a non existent address.

Trustpilot will give you a long list of reviews for addresspal, its scary.

I will never again use addresspal.

2cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

My experience was the same as above. Back and forth for a month before claiming it was never delivered and because it is over a month Amazon want nothing to do with claims of undelivered. I can only imagine that the delay making this claim by Addresspal was on purpose to push this outside the point where Amazon will investigate a non delivery claim. First and last time using these jokers.

My latest e mail to arresspal customer service, has again been ignored.

I've lost count of the e mails at this stage. And I have no idea where my

parcel is. But thankfully it was small money. Unlike a neighbour who has had a phone

gone off the radar, and he has no luck either with contacting customer service.

Hopefully Brexit will wipe these jokers off the radar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    2070 Super performs 5-7% better - while costing 25% more.

And AMD-based consoles are set to get some form of ray tracing - I bet the Navi GPUs will get something, too.
    I also don't believe that Nvidia's solution can get noticeably better with just software optimization.

Dont forget AMD's drivers are like fine wine's they just keep getting better :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

kadman wrote: »
    My latest e mail to arresspal customer service, has again been ignored.

I've lost count of the e mails at this stage. And I have no idea where my

parcel is. But thankfully it was small money. Unlike a neighbour who has had a phone

gone off the radar, and he has no luck either with contacting customer service.

Hopefully Brexit will wipe these jokers off the radar too.

I got slightly better engagement from @postvox on Twitter. Start getting your proof of deliveries from the sender in order now even if they haven't suggested it hasn't been delivered yet because that is where it will end up going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Address pal is a $hit service and should be avoided.

No accountability and zero fuccs give about their customers.

"Customer service" is a joke.

Sounds like you have just joined the log list of those badly let down by addresspal on trustpilot, here

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/addresspal.anpost.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Avoid address pal like the plague .

They have lost my parcel I rang an 01 number and got through to UK .

The guy on the phone was a nightmare to talk to and very rude, he told me that they have stopped notifications been sent to customers ie texts or emails , I asked how I was supposed to know when my parcel will hit the post office he said ring them everyday or call to the post office in person . Not very practical

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

A had a tracked parcel delivered to them in the UK over four weeks ago. Countless emails later and there is still no sign of it. They have stopped responding to my last three emails. I'm not sure how to escalate it from here. Any suggestions?

Problem is you cannot escalate this.

Anpost and addresspal have been devious enough to mess about with the customer e mail
    contacts, so you cannot contact them.

There is the question of a DOT in the address, that makes it non existent. Check the posts on Trustpilot,
    and you will see what I mean.

Even when you make contact, it will be well over 3 months before you get a meaningful result.

I am of the belief that since they moved their hub to Mosquito way, packages are being stolen from the hub,
    there is no other way the amount of packages that go missing, is normal.

I do not use them anymore, after 2 packages one directly after the other went missing in Mosquito Way.

Stung once too often;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I started using Addresspal for certain Amazon orders because so much I ordered in the BF sales was not deliverable to Ireland that I didn't feel like driving to my nearest ParcelMotel locker every other day or worry about Parcel size. So over the last 3 weeks I've had about 10 deliveries from Addresspal. Cost me a fortune but everything arrived intact and when expected. Several €300-€500 items. Did I get incredibly lucky and dodge several bullets?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've never had issues with address pal, but I've never ordered really high value items. However, their insurance on high value stuff is very low, like they'll only reimburse something like €40 on UK stuff and €100 on US so if your expensive item goes missing you could be taking a big hit.

Problem for me with addresspal initially were my missing packages.

Small value items. But the non existant customer service response

was more aggravating than the actual disappearing packages.

My packages were UK hub only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

I find them ok but sometimes parcels are delayed. Overall AnPost are exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Calibos wrote: »
    I started using Addresspal for certain Amazon orders because so much I ordered in the BF sales was not deliverable to Ireland that I didn't feel like driving to my nearest ParcelMotel locker every other day or worry about Parcel size. So over the last 3 weeks I've had about 10 deliveries from Addresspal. Cost me a fortune but everything arrived intact and when expected. Several €300-€500 items. Did I get incredibly lucky and dodge several bullets?

Parcel Motel do offer delivery to the door. I got something recently. Very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Boarder1

I used this service for the first time recently when ordering an item from Amazon in the UK; for the first and last time I might add. The '"item" arrived at my home address as an empty Amazon packet. Someone had clearly helped themselves to the content and kindly left the empty packaging inside the Amazon envelope. As the item passes through 2 x An Post facilities i.e the address location they use in the UK and the sorting office in Dublin, I assume that someone in these processing areas helped themselves to the contents. I had thought that the thievery that was a feature of the An Pst Service during the 2008 financial crash had abated. Alas not.

Problem is you cannot escalate this.

Anpost and addresspal have been devious enough to mess about with the customer e mail
    contacts, so you cannot contact them.

There is the question of a DOT in the address, that makes it non existent. Check the posts on Trustpilot,
    and you will see what I mean.

Even when you make contact, it will be well over 3 months before you get a meaningful result.

I am of the belief that since they moved their hub to Mosquito way, packages are being stolen from the hub,
    there is no other way the amount of packages that go missing, is normal.

I do not use them anymore, after 2 packages one directly after the other went missing in Mosquito Way.

Stung once too often;)

You are correct. Two months and 12 emails since the tracked parcel went missing they responded with an update to tell me my case is "still ongoing". I asked them how to formally complain about the service. After another two emails they said that I can write and post a letter to An Post in Dublin. Christ! Who the hell writes physical letters of complaint in this century anymore. I had a look on An Posts website and found the following:

501021.png

Great! You would think I can use this email to send my complaint to, right?

Wrong.
    I got the following automated response:
    501023.png

If you go to that web address the only AddressPal related link is a FAQ on "What is AddressPal?"

It looks like sending a physical letter is the only way to try and resolve this lost package.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

I order vinyl records online and today, only my second time using AP, a record well packaged and marked with FRAGILE stickers arrived , package clearly bent across the middle. My expectations when I opened it were confirmed, record cracked almost in half.
    Needless to say would not recommend, at least until they get rid of idiots who don't understand FRAGILE.

Too many idiots dealing in non customer ( fek off with your complaint) service.

At least they got the package to you, its normally lost or stolen at the UK hub, who knows,

as they dont contact you to tell you which. I do not use them any more, and advise others not to.

I agree. Their customer support is woefully inadequate. The fact that you have to send a physical letter to get a refund by cheque for a lost item is stupidly dated, and only one of the many issues with AddressPal.

They are more expensive than the rivals. They are slower to deliver than the rivals. Their customer support is far worse than their rivals. Their only market differentiator is the good name of An Post that they are in the process of destroying, and that they have a UK mainland forwarding address. I too would advice others not to use them.

Apart from that everyone of my addresspal issues emanated from their UK hub.

My parcels arrived there, but then disappeared in their care never to be seen again.

I personally believe that they were stolen, end of. And addresspal uk customer service does not exist.

So I am of the opinion that they were pinched unless AP can prove otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Apart from that everyone of my addresspal issues emanated from their UK hub.

My parcels arrived there, but then disappeared in their care never to be seen again.

I personally believe that they were stolen, end of. And addresspal uk customer service does not exist.

So I am of the opinion that they were pinched unless AP can prove otherwise.

Did you get anywhere with your complaint/s?

Is the small claims court an option with these postal companies or do they just claim they never received your package? Just out of curiosity as I've never used addresspal and never will after reading this thread.

Once you have an issue it seems like addresspal and an post put you on their ignore list.
    its an absolute disgrace. Common courtesy cost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Wild888

I have used AddressPal since it started up and have found it excellent. I don't expect next day delivery obviously as I understand packages have the extra hub to pass through, and I am often surprised how fast packages arrive to my local post office for pick up. Only once out of hundreds of packages did a package not turn up as expected and I just held my patience and waited. After about six weeks the package turned up in perfect condition. One time I got a call from AddressPal in the UK and got a telling off for something I'd ordered and the seller has been very careless leaving off my AP number and everything relating to AddressPal from my package which somehow got to the hub and with just my name, AddressPal told me to ensure that sellers addressed all packages fully and properly which I always did after that. I got my very carelessly addressed package and have to congratulate AddressPal on never losing a single package on me. But, people, you MUST ensure your sender is FULLY addressing your package accurately and clearly. I always ask sender to be sure that the AP number is clearly and accurately written on my package and they are always happy to do that.

Advertisement