Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have experience with addresspal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You sound like an an post employee singing praises with your first post.
    I know its not adviseable to feed you. You obviously have no experience with addresspal customer service.....as its non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Used it a few times and had to wait for delivery later than told so assume covid related.

In all fairness any of my missing parcels happened way before covid.

Covid is a great excuse for addresspal now, if you are foolish enough to believe that.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭SVI40

I've been using them for a few years now, both for the UK and US hubs. Never had an issue with them at all. I fact, an item I purchased in the US could not be shipped via address pal. I missed it on their prohibited list. Got an email from them, and they agreed to send it to a pal in the US, and never charged me.

Any engagement I've had with them has always been polite, courteous and helpful. Even when senders have not put the correct information on the address, I still get it.

SVI40 wrote: »
    I've been using them for a few years now, both for the UK and US hubs. Never had an issue with them at all. I fact, an item I purchased in the US could not be shipped via address pal. I missed it on their prohibited list. Got an email from them, and they agreed to send it to a pal in the US, and never charged me.

Any engagement I've had with them has always been polite, courteous and helpful. Even when senders have not put the correct information on the address, I still get it.

But when you do have a missing parcel.

Who you gonna call...Ghostbusters:D

You might as well because addresspal customer service is as rare as a ghost;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

kadman wrote: »
    But when you do have a missing parcel.

Who you gonna call...Ghostbusters:D

You might as well because addresspal customer service is as rare as a ghost;)

What customer service? Impossible to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wild888

Kadman seems to think I'm making up an excellent post for AddressPal but I'm not. I'm not an employee nor do I know anybody connected with it. I have bought dozens of not hundreds of items from EBay and some other online sites too over the last year's and AddressPal has been a wonderful discovery. They have never let me down and I received every single package I ordered. I'm not the only one. I have friends who use AddressPal and they have never have any issues either. It is vital to have your package properly and fully addressed as instructed and I always stress to my sellers to transcribe my AP number carefully and clearly onto my package.

I don't know what kind of problem Kadman has with AddressPal but it has been a wonderful experience for me being able to purchase from UK and US - mostly antique books and other small collectibles, wallpapers and lots of other moderately sized packages that would have cost me a fortune from EBay global shipping programme or not been able to be sent because many sellers only send to UK.

Why Kadman is trying to discredit AddressPal I have no idea. He needs to lay off the bull**** as so many of us have found it a wonderful service and used it very successfully for the few years since it was established by An Post.

I recommend AddressPal highly. It is not for sending car engines or furniture through the post but for moderate size packages that would cost a fortune otherwise, it is a fantastic service and despite not being able to collect my eagerly awaited packages at my post office for the payment of €3.95 anymore, I will continue to use AddressPal with 100% confidence.

AddressPal has NEVER lost nor damaged a package of mine and I've got dozens through them. Just ensure that your seller is reliable and packages and addresses your package properly and clearly and AddressPalwont let you down!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Do you work in marketing, because you should.

Ronan998 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying an RTX 2070 super, and it seems to work out around 100 euro cheaper in the states, and it’s only 15 euro for address pal to get it to Ireland.

Does anyone have experience with address pal and is this a good idea? Will I run into any problems when building my pc?

Yes, customs will take you to the cleaners unless you can convince your seller to fill out documentation declaring it to be valueless. Even then, customs will probably fleece you. AddressPal does everything above board.

Fair post Wild888.

I would like to ask you just 1. question.

Who do you contact when your parcel goes missing, because myself and hundreds of
    users of failed addresspal deliveries , some listed on Trustpilot would welcome an answer to that one.

And dont say customer service, because it does not exist, and their own site lists e mail addresses that do not exist,
    as I and others have found out to my dismay.
    I have had parcels delivered and signed for in their UK hub, with a straight line as a signature that disappeared
    off the face of the planet, with no explanation from AP.

I now use Parcel Motel, and would recommend them.

Happy new year to all,

• Advertisement

Do you work in marketing, because you should.

Definitely not and would never wish to. I just hate to see a service I (and several other people I know) have always found to be brilliant and, in our experience, being 100% reliable, being wrongly slated by idiots who are not telling the truth. I have no connection to An Post, they have done me wrong before, but in AddressPal, they have done something right. It has been a fantastic service albeit their/our utterly daft sounding UK address. Simple as! And, they DO answer queries (maybe not if questioner is downright rude and beligerant which I wasn't))

kadman wrote: »
    You sound like an an post employee singing praises with your first post.
    I know its not adviseable to feed you. You obviously have no experience with addresspal customer service.....as its non existent.

I have experience once of their customer service. It wasn't instant but the delayed package arrived two days later and customer service sent an apology for delay (not an explanation admittedly but as my package arrived safely I didn't demand one).

Wild888 wrote: »
    I have experience once of their customer service. It wasn't instant but the delayed package arrived two days later and customer service sent an apology for delay (not an explanation admittedly but as my package arrived safely I didn't demand one).

In reference to your previous post I would like an apology, as I am not an idiot.
    I was a long time user of addresspal until they changed their UK hub to a different address.
    Then the **** hit the fan, I had numerous parcels that went missing. At no stage throughout my dealings with addresspal over this was I able to ascertain exactly what happened to them. It was an absolute fiasco trying to contact their customer service, despite their e mail contacts blatently displayed incorrectly on their website.
    And like 100's of other disatisfied users describing exactly the same thing on Trustpilot, nothing has changed.

And i have asked you how you contacted their customer service, and you have failed to answer at this time. What contact address did you use, as others would be interested to know.

I am pleased for you that you have had a good experience with addresspal, unfortunately I did not and a lot of users never did, and we are neither liars or idiots, so please refrain form using such terms.

I would never use them again.

Advertisement