Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What qualifies as a change in employment contract?

Options
  • 11-07-2019 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

I'm just looking back through my initial employee agreement, and a number of things have changed since I initially signed it. For example:

- The "Employer Address" is the old company address which we moved from about 18 months ago.

- My old manager's name is who I'm "Reporting to" next to my job title section. He left the company many many months ago.

Are either of these grounds for a new contract agreement between my employer and I? There was no appendix agreement or follow up documentation of any kind after this initial agreement where the change in location, or the change of leader, was noted.

Why am I asking? I'm trying to push for a change of title and salary increase, but they're playing hard ball around review periods, so if I can push things forward by bringing up the fact my contract agreement has some current discrepancies I'm hoping they can stop making the same excuse and start paying attention..

Maybe not the best approach, but it's something I'm mulling over depending on answers to this thread :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭dennyk

No, those are not material changes to your contract terms, they are just minor details which will naturally change over time during the course of ordinary business. They've nothing to do with your salary or job title in any case, so bringing them up certainly won't help you in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

dennyk wrote: »
    No, those are not material changes to your contract terms, they are just minor details which will naturally change over time during the course of ordinary business. They've nothing to do with your salary or job title in any case, so bringing them up certainly won't help you in that regard.

Thanks - Thought it was a bit of a stretch so I appreciate the confirmation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Well technically any change to the contract is a change in the contract, but it would be unreasonable to expect a new contract for an address and manager name change. You could possibly ask for the address and name to be lined out, and the correct ones written in and initialed.

If one of my employees used this to try to get a raise, I would think they're being ridiculous.

Advertisement