Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are good fishing spots in Wexford?

Options
  • 12-07-2019 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello,

It's been a long time since I last went fishing (about 12 years ago or more). I was wondering where are some of the places where people recommend for fishing (preferably places where no licence is needed). I know of Tacumshane but any others?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Hello,

It's been a long time since I last went fishing (about 12 years ago or more). I was wondering where are some of the places where people recommend for fishing (preferably places where no licence is needed). I know of Tacumshane but any others?

Thanks.

Lochmahon lakes, Adamstown, eircode Y21 R2C0

there are 3 well stocked lakes there, Peter or Tom will look after your needs.
    http://www.lochmahon.com/
    lake 1 is dedicated fly-fishing only and stocked with rainbow and Brown trout up to 10Lb.
    lake 2 is The family fishing lake which is well stocked with Rainbow trout, and Carp. bait or fly can be used here.
    lake 3 is the Carp Fishing lake and is well stocked with fish from 4Lb to 10Lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

Ballycanew is a good little spot for river fishing

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Ballycanew is a good little spot for river fishing

The OP will need to purchase a Licence to fish the rivers. The Ounavarra as far as i can remember is club water also in Ballycanew.
    He looking for preferably places where no licence is needed his best bet is stocked lakes, there used to be a stocked lake in Blackwater but it closed a few years ago. its either Loch Mahon or Oaklands in New Ross, the River slaney from ferrycarrig to Enniscorthy is free but a Licence is needed and from the railway bridge in Enniscorthy up to Balltinglass is all private and syndicate owned fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Pretty much any beach.

Advertisement