Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New account

Options
  • 12-07-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

So I’ve been home for a few months from being abroad. I have a student account with yourselves. I am working full time and am nowhere near a branch.

I wanted to change my student account to a current account as I want to begin saving for a mortgage. What documents do I need for this?

I do not have any utility bills and the only bank statement I have is from my student account with yourselves. I have heard getting a letter from Revenue.ie will be allowed as proof of address but not sure ?

Will my IBAN and BIC stay the same when switching?

Can you let me know
    Thanks
    Aisling

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Afoley1 wrote: »
    Hi,

So I’ve been home for a few months from being abroad. I have a student account with yourselves. I am working full time and am nowhere near a branch.

I wanted to change my student account to a current account as I want to begin saving for a mortgage. What documents do I need for this?

I do not have any utility bills and the only bank statement I have is from my student account with yourselves. I have heard getting a letter from Revenue.ie will be allowed as proof of address but not sure ?

Will my IBAN and BIC stay the same when switching?

Can you let me know
    Thanks
    Aisling

Hi Afoley1

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

If you have an existing Student Account with Bank of Ireland you can upgrade this account to a Personal Current Account without changing the account number. To upgrade the account please call into a Bank of Ireland Branch and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help you with this. We would recommend that you bring Photo ID with you on visiting the branch.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement