Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Table Quiz July 2019 Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Brilliant Questions Kolido, and thanks for the random assortment of cool people you put me with. Really enjoyed that

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Round 2 really buggered us up, other than that we did pretty well tbf. Thanks for running Kolido :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baggly wrote: »
    Lads dont rag on someone elses hard work in the middle of it.
    I was only jibing about the bonus system!! Rules is rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Thanks K, that v was great fun!

Thanks Kolido, that was a good bit of craic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Kolido wrote: »
    Densa only missed one question.

Thats savage going. Very well played lads

Yeah, The Spice Girls.

Looks like Hip Cats only missed on too though? Just happened in a different round which made all the difference. Or am I reading it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Thanks Kolido, great questions, and thanks QB, BB and DM, a fun weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Thanks a million Kolido and thanks Barney92, Zaph and $hifty...awesome teammates.

Fair play to you folks, I just threw in a few things here and there. Congrats to our winners, one question wrong I believe. That's impressive.

And fair play also to our quizmaster. Really good idea and well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Enjoyed that. Thanks Kolido and team mates. Well done to winners, great scoring.

One criticism though: Six practice rounds is probably too many. We may be fatigued when the real quiz starts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Right, and as winners Densa Thunderdogs have kindly volunteered to run the next quiz.

Or so they told me anyways.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Top two teams were very impressive I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just my final thoughts.

Would have been better if we had of done a live quiz over one night
    I feel I should have increased the range of questions more
    The round bonus was probably too high, although it wouldn't have changed the winners.

Anyways, thanks for playing everyone, hope ye had fun. Hopefully someone can run another in the future

Necro wrote: »
    Right, and as winners Densa Thunderdogs have kindly volunteered to run the next quiz.

I might pull something together. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah they told me that also and they want to buy us all beers and food.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks Kolido, cracking job :)

Necro, Triceradots, Tusk - absolute pleasure. Knew we'd win

Yeah they told me that also and they want to buy us all beers and food.

Well that was an unwritten rule anyways I thought :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Congratulations Thunderdogs, truly awesome scoring. And thanks Kolido for a great quiz, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And extra special thanks to my teammates, we'll get them next time guys. :D

Just my final thoughts.

The round bonus was probably too high, although it wouldn't have changed the winners.

Anyways, thanks for playing everyone, hope ye had fun. Hopefully someone can run another in the future

A one night thing would be mega-cool. Logistically, could well be hard to get everyone online together though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Cornelius Crow and I were talking about doing one in a couple of weeks or so.

Yeah on reflection there's no way we were catching any of the top teams, regardless of bonuses :D

Some level here though when we only got 5 wrong ourselves. Was a lot of fun, thanks for running it.

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Cornelius Crow and I were talking about doing one in a couple of weeks or so.

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great going by the top 2 teams.

Just my final thoughts.

Live one would be fun, would have to nail down the exact date and time to start in the sign up thread so players know exactly when they have to be here.

Range was fairly good imo, nice variations. Themed rounds were good too.

Round bonus was high, but sure it was a first time out and we all knew the parameters before the game. Can alter it for another edition.

Thanks again Kol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, The Spice Girls.

Looks like Hip Cats only missed on too though? Just happened in a different round which made all the difference. Or am I reading it wrong.
    missed 1 question in round 5 and one of the theme questios, which was only a 3 point drop due to no bonuses in that round.

Interesting thing about a live one too would be that you could have a time limit to submit questions, less thinking time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Could do a live one in a pub even sometime

osh wrote: »
    Interesting thing about a live one too would be that you could have a time limit to submit questions, less thinking time

Or.......

We could meet for beers n Pub quiz.

All Eyes On Rafah

osh wrote: »

Yeah, 30 mins or even less per round maybe.

Yeah, 30 mins or even less per round maybe.

Or five mins

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Or.......

We could meet for beers n Pub quiz.

Densa Thunderdogs should go on eggheads

Advertisement