Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Table Quiz July 2019 Game Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

osh wrote: »
    Densa Thunderdogs should go on eggheads

Why, are they all socially inept with no personalities?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Zaph wrote: »

Suppose with all that knowledge there is no room for a personality.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I can't speak for every one else but yeah :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, The Spice Girls.

Looks like Hip Cats only missed on too though? Just happened in a different round which made all the difference. Or am I reading it wrong.

We missed two. We had 1927 for the Oscars and I went with 12th of Feb for groundhog day. That'll haunt me. Two numbered questions and we were incorrect by a combined total of 3 digits

Cheers for running it Kolido, well done to the winners. Our team had some seriously good quizzers in the chat, blew me out of the water on some of them.

Oh, and suck it Necro
    (am I doing this right??)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Or five mins

If most people used discord you could time limit it a bit more, it's logistically hard I'd imagine though

• Advertisement

Glad it's not just me who finds them to be an obnoxious bunch of bottom feeders. The sense of smug self-satisfaction just oozes from all of them, I'd say they're all insufferable ar$é holes in real life

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh, and suck it Necro
    (am I doing this right??)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Glad it's not just me who finds them to be an obnoxious bunch of bottom feeders. The sense of smug self-satisfaction just oozes from all of them, I'd say they're all insufferable ar$é holes in real life

Except Daphne. She’s lovely.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Glad it's not just me who finds them to be an obnoxious bunch of bottom feeders. The sense of smug self-satisfaction just oozes from all of them, I'd say they're all insufferable ar$oles in real life

I've only ever seen it a couple of times, and what really irritated me was that they felt they had to explain every answer in minute detail to so obviously demonstrate just how clever they are. The most incredibly punchable group of people I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I meant to beat them, not to become one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Kolido wrote: »
    [

Q8. Which county has won the most All-Ireland Senior Football Championship titles?

Answer: Kerry

Wouldn't any eejit know that, even a Kerryman? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Final table

Team |R1|R2|R3|R4|R5|R6|T
    Densa Thunderdogs|25|25|25|30|25|15|145
    Hip Cat Zebra$ |25|25|25|27|15|25|142
    A big clever hag fallacy|25|15|25|24|25|15|129
    We are Smartacus|15|15|24|30|15|15|114
    Poshly Kitted|25|15|15|27|15|15|112
    The Undead Electric Dancing Dinos Troupe|15|7|25|30|15|15|104
    MosKCo Fahrt|10|13|14|24|13|13|87
    Dairy Farm|10|9|10|18|13|9|72

Here is how the table woyld have finished without the bonus system. Only 3rd and 4th would have changed.

Team |R1|R2|R3|R4|R5|R6|T
    Densa Thunderdogs|17|17|17|30|17|15|113
    Hip Cat Zebra$ |17|17|17|27|15|17|110
    A big clever hag fallacy|17|15|17|24|17|15|105
    We are Smartacus|15|15|16|30|15|15|106
    Poshly Kitted|17|15|15|27|15|15|104
    The Undead Electric Dancing Dinos Troupe|15|7|17|30|15|15|96
    MosKCo Fahrt|10|13|14|24|13|13|87
    Dairy Farm|10|9|10|18|13|9|72
    [/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Well done Kolido! Clearly a heap of work went into that! Fair play :)

Grats Thunderdogs. #notbitter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I would well be up for a one night quiz on here. Discord is actually perfect for the answer discussion. Maybe 30 minutes per round with 6 rounds. I think it'd work really well.

I'd actually probably also be happy to help run one of those. I think if you were doing a 1 night thing though you'd need more than one mod to calculate the scores quickly.

Yeah I think you would need at least 2 mods. Easy to have all prepared but it could be tough for one person to run all in real time. Also having a time that everyone can agree on being online.

I would certainly be on for playing.

Yeah I think you would need at least 2 mods. Easy to have all prepared but it could be tough for one person to run all in real time. Also having a time that everyone can agree on being online.

I would certainly be on for playing.

You could also do it the way they generally do it irl.

One mod posting the qs. The other doing the scoring. And give out the scores for round one after round 2 answers come in.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I would well be up for a one night quiz on here. Discord is actually perfect for the answer discussion. Maybe 30 minutes per round with 6 rounds. I think it'd work really well.

I'd actually probably also be happy to help run one of those. I think if you were doing a 1 night thing though you'd need more than one mod to calculate the scores quickly.

Would probably need to shorten that to maybe 15-20 min. At 30 with 6 rounds you're talking 3 hours, then add the results part. Probably too long for most folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

tusk wrote: »
    You could also do it the way they generally do it irl.

One mod posting the qs. The other doing the scoring. And give out the scores for round one after round 2 answers come in.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    Would probably need to shorten that to maybe 15-20 min. At 30 with 6 rounds you're talking 3 hours, then add the results part. Probably too long for most folk.

3 hours from 7-10pm with a maybe 10 minute break in between each one for the second mod to post the scores and first mod to post the answers to the previous round. I think a 4 hour window wouldn't be too much to ask of most people. You'd get games that long for a one night werewolf game sure.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You'd get games that long for a one night werewolf game sure.

WW never stops! :pac: :pac:

There are no games currently ongoing, but I'm still playing...

I've never tried it but something like this could work for a live quiz

https://discordbots.org/bot/558996910581612545

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

How do I join. Can I compete as an individual, given that it is impossible to embarrass me, or must I knock up my next door neighbour and badger him into joining in a team with me

feargale wrote: »
    How do I join. Can I compete as an individual, given that it is impossible to embarrass me, or must I knock up my next door neighbour and badger him into joining in a team with me

New one up here https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057997053/2/#post110707422

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

feargale wrote: »

Sign up on thread tusk posted and you'll be assigned to a random team of (probably) 4 players.

Advertisement