Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Driveway Dublin

Options
  • 12-07-2019 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a quote for converting a front lawn in an ex corpo house in Dublin to a concrete drive.

Size is approx 39 square meters.

There's a front wall to remove, bushes on one side to remove and the lawn obviously.

Quote is coming in at 4200 all in. Does this seem reasonable? I expected more like 3k.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

boris1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've got a quote for converting a front lawn in an ex corpo house in Dublin to a concrete drive.

Size is approx 39 square meters.

There's a front wall to remove, bushes on one side to remove and the lawn obviously.

Quote is coming in at 4200 all in. Does this seem reasonable? I expected more like 3k.

Thanks

Jus be mindful of your Planning requirements with regards to removing walls and completely removing the soft landscaping and conversion to complete hard standing.

I had a quote of 2000 - 2250 for imprinted concrete on a 36 S. M garden but it had no bush or wall removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

We have gotten 2 further quotes since of 3800 and 2200.

Obviously a big difference there so we are a bit wary of the cheaper quote.

The cheaper person has great reviews on the advert website we got him from but obviously these need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

The higher quotes are charging us for supply of digger etc. so I guess that would account for some of the difference.

Some thinking to do over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

You probably have a gas and water main to consider.
    I'm just curious as I might do something similar.

Do the quotes include removal of the waste? They'll probably use a grab truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

You probably have a gas and water main to consider.
    I'm just curious as I might do something similar.

Do the quotes include removal of the waste? They'll probably use a grab truck.

Yes there would be a gas and water main there. How deep down would these usually be?

Yes the quotes include the removal of waste.

The higher ones involved a skip hire though, the cheaper one is able to take it himself I am guessing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

boris1234 wrote: »
    Yes there would be a gas and water main there. How deep down would these usually be?

Yes the quotes include the removal of waste.

The higher ones involved a skip hire though, the cheaper one is able to take it himself I am guessing.

Never guess. Confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

As the owner you are responsible for confirming disposal is properly carried out. As above planning required. The council will look for drainage plan and road works to be done to their standard.

Advertisement