Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation compensation

Options
  • 12-07-2019 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

A few months ago I applied for compensation from Ryanair for a cancelled flight due to their staff strikes in May 2018,

I was put on an earlier flight the same day, the original flight I was booked on was scheduled for 6PM and then had to rebook a flight for 7AM that morning (free of charge)

They have come back to state that they are not paying compensation after originally saying it was due to ATC strike, I challenged this and showed evidence from newspaper articles that the cancellations where from Ryanair staff strikes.

They acknowledged it was their staff who were on strike however are still stating no compensation is payable.

Am I chasing a lost cause or should I stick with it?

Thanks,

Chijj

Comments

Advertisement