Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi's on holidays without car seats

Options
  • 12-07-2019 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people do when taking taxis on holidays with regards to car seats? We normally rent a car and rent car seats, but we are going to Gdansk for a few days and won't bother with renting a car. We have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. For the 5 year old, we have a Trunki Boostapack, but that wouldn't be sufficient protection for the two year old. Our own car seat is very heavy so don't fancy bringing it and I'd be slow to buy a lighter one to bring when we probably will only use it for taxis to and from the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions for something more portable, something like the Trunki but for a younger toddler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I just googled “child friendly taxis gdansk” and a couple of trip advisor reviews popped up that mention taxi companies that provided car seats. You’d have to book in advance, but that should be ok.
    Also you could look at Uber. I’ve never used it. But have had it recommended to me for the same reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

jlm29 wrote: »
    I just googled “child friendly taxis gdansk” and a couple of trip advisor reviews popped up that mention taxi companies that provided car seats. You’d have to book in advance, but that should be ok.
    Also you could look at Uber. I’ve never used it. But have had it recommended to me for the same reason
    Thanks jlm, I have never used Uber either, I didn't think they would have car seats as standard, but I will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

ncmc wrote: »
    Thanks jlm, I have never used Uber either, I didn't think they would have car seats as standard, but I will look into it.

I don’t think it’s standard, I think it’s a special request or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’ve always checked the airport website for ideas and have usually found fancy taxi companies that you can pre-book that provide car seats. They’ve only ever been slightly more than a regular taxi and you’ve the advantage of having someone waiting for you at the airport and arriving for you when leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping there would be something like the Trunki for smaller kids, but they all seem to be age 4+ so I’ll just book a transfer in advance. Our flight doesn’t get in til after 8pm so it will be handy to have someone waiting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement