Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card top-up machines in Cork?

Options
  • 12-07-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's a Leap Card top-up machine at Kent station or the bus station? I'm close to both so it's handier than going to a shop.

I've tried the auto-top-up but haven't received the initial transaction yet (5 days so far) so can't set it up. Don't have an Android phone so can't use the app. And the online process seems more awkward than useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

who_me wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a Leap Card top-up machine at Kent station or the bus station? I'm close to both so it's handier than going to a shop.

I've tried the auto-top-up but haven't received the initial transaction yet (5 days so far) so can't set it up. Don't have an Android phone so can't use the app. And the online process seems more awkward than useful.

Kent has machines.
    Bus station, you have to use the ticket sales/info desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah in the train station. Not sure about bus station. Also any shop with payzone do Top-Up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Thanks people, I'll wander through Kent station this evening.

The card's just about out of credit, so I got the "not enough credit for the journey, but it's still positive credit so I have to let you on..." stare this morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

At the risk of being really unhelpful, the app is quite handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

At the risk of being really unhelpful, the app is quite handy...

Only on Android though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Wheety wrote: »
    Only on Android though.

If you're on an Apple, let this be your lesson!
    :p

If you're on an Apple, let this be your lesson!
    :p

Booooooooo! If I ever get out of this walled-garden, I'm coming for ya! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

One in Mahon Point as well probably been there for ages but only just noticed it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Easons have them also (in Douglas anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Some machines (like the one in the bus station) allow you to check the balance but not to top up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

The Apple iOS issue with Leap is entirely Apple's fault. There's nothing the developers can do as Apple don't allow access to the phones' card reader for anything other than Apple Pay.

Thanks all. Took me a while (I thought there were dedicated Leap machines, but it's just the standard ticket machine. And I didn't realise "Use Leapcard" was the option I needed.. thinking that was for paying for a fare).

The delay in the online status updating is really annoying, makes it almost pointless if there's a 1 or 2 day delay. The times you really want to check the balance ("did that top-up go through before the journey tomorrow?" / "do I have enough left for the next bus?") you need it to be up-to-date, or it's pretty much useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

In this day and age you should just be able to pay by all directly on the bus / train or with an EMV contactless credit / debit card.
    The idea of having to reload a physical smart card is should be fading fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

In this day and age you should just be able to pay by all directly on the bus / train or with an EMV contactless credit / debit card.
    The idea of having to reload a physical smart card is should be fading fast.

Remember where you are now. We can't even get bus lanes to operate as intended, nevermind fancy stuff like contactless phone/debit card payments on public transport. The fact we even have Leap at all is a bit of a miracle.

Advertisement