Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Repair

Options
  • 12-07-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering after how long would I be able to request a refund, if I am able to at all!!

I took my phone to a repair shop and they said they need to order parts for the repair. I paid for the parts right away and I kept my phone with me untill the parts arrived.

I was initially told it should be very quick, taking about 10 days, 14 days max for the parts to arrive. It has now been almost 4 weeks. I contacted them on Monday asking for an update and the said they were expecting delivery of the parts that evening. I have still not heard confirmation of the arrival of these parts.

I am getting annoyed that it is taking so long and I am tempted to take my phone elsewhere. Am I entitled to a refund in this case? No work has been done on my phone yet, but I have already paid or the parts.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

It's now been 4 weeks, any advice? I have just emailed them again

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Call them people are reluctant to say things on email. Ask are the parts in and if not can you get a refund. A lot of these non official stores will order the parts from Asia etc so it can take a while for them to arrive if it's an odd ball phone you have, by that I mean a rare enough model.
    You do know your warranty is out the window if you let a non authorised repair shop at your phone.

Call them people are reluctant to say things on email. Ask are the parts in and if not can you get a refund. A lot of these non official stores will order the parts from Asia etc so it can take a while for them to arrive if it's an odd ball phone you have, by that I mean a rare enough model.
    You do know your warranty is out the window if you let a non authorised repair shop at your phone.

Thanks for the advice drunkmonkey 'll give them a call later.

What's the phone, what's wrong with its, how old is it?

What's the phone, what's wrong with its, how old is it?

It's Huwaei Smart, Its only about 6months old and the back camera is cracked (oviously due to my own carelessness!!) I'm not too bothered about it but I have paid for it and I am getting anoyed that it is taking so long, especially when I was told that it would not.

• Advertisement

Did you price getting it fixed under warranty, at least if done properly you'd still have 18mts warrant left. You've no warranty once that repair shop touches it.

Well initially I thought this way would be alot faster, oviously I was wrong.

I did go into my local Three store yesterday and ask what they could do. It's not covered by warranty if the fault was due to me dropping it.

Advertisement