Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many foxes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Maybe when a cute Foxy Loxy cub gives their kids or them a good septic bite in their living room or bedroom as has happened a couple of times in the UK already,they might change their minds a bit....Bu I doubt it somehow.The urbanisation and dummation of people continues unabated.This is the same kind of idiot mindset that has people going off uin US national parks trying to pet Grizzlies,or Bisons or play with wolves,or get a selfie with a Cape Buffalo on "safari".I just call it Natures way of natural selection by culling out the weak of the human herd.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Yeah - collected herself from Dun Laoghire the other night and clocked 6 between there and joining the M50!!

Seen 8 one night walking back from walkinstown to Kingswood. There’s no shortage in the urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Hi dodderangler I tried to respond to your pm but your inbox is full. If you pm your number I'll add you on WhatsApp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hi dodderangler I tried to respond to your pm but your inbox is full. If you pm your number I'll add you on WhatsApp

Cleared out messages man. You should be alright to send

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The urban foxes were there before the urbanisation, they've always been there, they didn't "invade" urban spaces.

They were knocking around Dublin when it was a wooden settlement.

City dwellers and urbanites get on ok with them, we don't have much livestock and those that have hens and ducks occasionally loose stock, but it's not our livelihood so there's no real conflict, that's why a lot of urbanites consider them wildlife and not vermin. Attacks on humans are so rare in comparison to human on human attacks, traffic accidents etc... that it's not a huge worry except for the odd scare mongering from tabloid newspapers.

We also have more or less all the wildlife you'd see in rural areas including otters, seals, falcons, hawks, dolphins, badgers etc...

Edit; I have young kids, I don't feed my local foxes or leave food out close to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Advertisement