Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front derailleur removal

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a greenway planned around the reservoir, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you think psi should be calculated by the width written on the tyre or by actual width?

I have 25mm Continental Grand Prix 5000 on wide rims and the actual width is 28.3mm!

A 23mm Continental Grand Prix 4000 II comes out as 26.8mm on the same rims.

You're right, it's true, Contis run fat.

I'd go with what's recommended on the tyre generally, but I go lower on my 25c's (closer to 80psi) than on my 23c's (closer to 100-110psi).

You've got me curious now, it's interesting that:

25c Conti GP 4-seasons recommend 95-120 psi
    25c Vittoria Corsas recommend 87-145 psi
    25c Michelin Pro3 Race recommend 73-105 psi, same for 25c Michelin Dynamic Classics
    23c Vittoria Rubino recommend 87-145 psi

The Conti and Vittoria Corsa recommendations surprise me. Maybe it has to do with the sidewalls?

Advertisement