Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Numan Sept 22nd. Olympia.

Options
  • 12-07-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Big Tubeway army fan, didn't know much about Numans other stuff but saw him a few years ago and it was probably the best gig I've ever been too.

I'm about to buy a couple of tickets for the Olympia in sept. Is it part of a tour etc. ? Is it going to be a full band does anyone know ? Not a fan of acoustic / solo singing gigs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

From Body&Soul Festival 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gary Numan, acoustic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Birneybau wrote: »
    Gary Numan, acoustic?

It’s a double act with Ed Sheeran “mad metal bastard”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This tour is celebrating 40 years, he commented saying something along the lines of... set will consist of songs throughout his career as well as at least one song from the upcoming Intruder album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

The set last year in the Olympia was mostly new material but it was really good. It was an end of tour concert and I'm pretty sure he used a backing vocal track throughout. Going to this to hopefully hear him perform live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

dasdog wrote: »
    The set last year in the Olympia was mostly new material but it was really good. It was an end of tour concert and I'm pretty sure he used a backing vocal track throughout. Going to this to hopefully hear him perform live.

I was at that one too, there was alotta backing tracks used. Mostly instrumental stuff tho, I thought Gary was singing live all night. I much preferred him in the Button Factory a few years back... Was more raw and live!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sanjose1

Really looking forward to this gig, my 4th time to see him, Pleasure Principle tour 10 years back was one of the best concerts ever been to, just love that album, am sure he will play a few from that album plus another few from his other albums of that era

Yeah looking forward recent Facebook post says they've rehearsed 41 songs so we could get anything really.

Any word on stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Any word on stage times?

I was wondering this too. Doubt there’s a support. Tickets say 7pm but surely he won’t be onstage before 8?

• Advertisement

I was wondering this too. Doubt there’s a support. Tickets say 7pm but surely he won’t be onstage before 8?

Support is Kanga I know that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Heading in now myself with the Mrs , she’s in for a shock , last time I seen Gary my ears nearly bled .

Anyone that thinks it’s 80s synth on keyboards is in for a shock

Looking forward to it

Last gig was new order so hopefully as good

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

How was the gig?
    Good setlist?

I'm gutted having missed it!!

Super gig, definitely better than last years and thats saying something, nice balance of the old and new, ran for nearly two hours

So enjoyable Im off to see him in Coventry in three weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm off to see him in Manchester on October 10th.
    My 14th Numan gig.

Impressive, nine more than me

I thought it was pretty good although wouldn't be a hardcore fan. Personally thought opening with My Name Is Ruin left them with a tough task of following it...that was actually the highlight for me, I know they are playing around with the set as they move along the tour. Good mixture of classics and deep cuts can see why it's an ultimate tour of sorts for fans to get another show in, new song seemed great, the ending to the show was one of the most bizarre I witnessed forgetting his own lyrics and having a laugh was fine an all but assumed it was a precursor to finish with M.E. or something but no, bit of an anti-climax.

Advertisement