Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overbearing Captcha

Options
  • 13-07-2019 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭

For the past fortnight or so, every time I post I run into the Captcha bus/ car / bicycle / fire hydrant nonsense.
    It's starting to get annoying at this stage. Is there any good reason for it? I know that it's a function of site protection, but really this is too much.

No, I am not a freicking robot, and look, there's a pair of traffic lights.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Dan Jaman,

Sorry for the disruption, but unfortunately we can't see anything in the logs. Is this still occurring? Can I ask what browser you're using and are you using a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Normally Firefox (cleared cookies and it still happens), but this time Slimjet to see if it's gone away.

<edit>
    And with that post there was no interference.

I'm coming to the realisation it's probably Firefox itself, as I've been posting to the Liveline thread without interruption but using Slimjet (a Chrome based version). Come to think of it, FF was updated just before the hassle started, so perhaps it's not living happily with one of the add-ons and the Cloudflare intervention, so triggering the hold-up.
    All of the same add-ons are in Slimjet, I'll try disabling all of them in FF.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Firefox updates seem to cause problems occasionally. Hopefully it's something as straightforward as an extension.

Right, this is a test post from Firefox with every add-on disabled.

<edit>
    And that one went up right away.
    Ok, closer to the problem solving now.
    FF is on auto-updates and oft times does it without there being a notification, which is ok most of the time.
    Looks like this time around something fell between the cracks.

Is there a sandboxed test post area? I looked, but couldn't find one, and was trying not to bother admins with this, but I was (at first) sure it was a Cloudflare problem, but it's turned out to be one of my own making as it were. The site had undergone maintenance recently and I wondered if there had been a spanner left in the works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Is there a sandboxed test post area?

Dan, the "Test" forum is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement