Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in payment

Options
  • 13-07-2019 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭

I had a notification of payment to my account from a work expenses account yesterday afternoon (11/07) and still no sign of it in my account. What’s the reason for the delay here? It usually comes through same day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Fullstop,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We're sorry to hear the payment hasn't arrived and we hope that it has since credited your account. We did experience a delay in processing payments earlier this week but this has been resolved so the funds should have credited your account.

If it was coming from a non-BOI bank account then it could be a delay with the sender. Some banks can take up to 3 working days to transfer funds.

If the funds don't arrive over the weekend then it might be best to link in with your employer to double check that it was sent.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hi Fullstop,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We're sorry to hear the payment hasn't arrived and we hope that it has since credited your account. We did experience a delay in processing payments earlier this week but this has been resolved so the funds should have credited your account.

If it was coming from a non-BOI bank account then it could be a delay with the sender. Some banks can take up to 3 working days to transfer funds.

If the funds don't arrive over the weekend then it might be best to link in with your employer to double check that it was sent.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Still hasn’t arrived. Confirmation of payment was sent to me on Thursday and it arrives same day or next day every other month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi fullstop,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Payments are processing normally.

If you account is held in Northern Ireland, there was a bank holiday on Friday so payments should hit your account tomorrow.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hi fullstop,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Payments are processing normally.

If you account is held in Northern Ireland, there was a bank holiday on Friday so payments should hit your account tomorrow.

If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna
    My account is not held in Northern Ireland, and there was indeed a delay. This is in addition to multiple duplicate transactions appearing on my account in recent weeks, as well as my online statement showing as overdrawn to the tune of several thousand euro, even though it’s never been overdrawn. You need to sort out your IT issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us fullstop.

We're sorry if our previous post caused any confusion.

The payment delay we experienced Wednesday morning was resolved and payments were credited into accounts by Wednesday evening. Please be assured that this would not impact payments thereafter.

We were aware of an issue with some customers' balances not updating following lodgements and transactions. These issues have since been resolved.

We would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

If we can provide any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement
Advertisement