Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Film Fleadh

Options
  • 13-07-2019 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

So no thread on this so what are people's thoughts so far? What have you gone too?? Good or bad?? Experience overall?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Saw the opening film, sing me back home, a French, English language film which wasn't for me. Also saw The Brink featuring ex Trump advisor Steve Bannon... A great watch.. Barfly with Micky Rourke.. An oldie but a goodie.. And a near full audience for a film from 1987!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw Finky last Thursday which I loved, a film mainly in Gaeilge set in Glasgow about a puppeteer and musician who falls out with his band and tour boss, escaping with some money over to Scotland. He has an car accident and is paralysed and on a wheelchair, he finds redemption with an anarchic circus and carnival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

I always try and make it down for part of the Fleadh but was only there for the weekend this year. On Saturday I caught Best Before Death - terrific documentary about Bill Drummond's artistic pursuits, hilarious and uplifting - and A Bump Along the Way - an enjoyable enough and sweet light comedy, but a bit cliched and predictable for my tastes. I saw 'The Farewell' on Sunday which was wonderful - moving and playful.

I would have liked to have seen Finky but couldn't make it down in time. I heard a few people mention it over the weekend and the trailer looks good. Did they say at the screening if it will it be getting a cinema release?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't think so, a lot of the talk beforehand was in Gaeilge, but hopefully it does get a general release.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement