Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Ryzen Build - Looking to upgrade components for 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Depends how much you want to spend.

You could get an 8-core Ryzen 7-2700 (£185) or even Ryzen 7-3700X (£320), though you wouldn't benefit from Precision Boost Overclock (only available on B450/X470/X570 chipsets).

Definitely get a new graphics card - either wait for AIB models of RX 5700 / 5700 XT, or get a cheap blower & mod it with an Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II/III.
    GTX 1660 Ti is a decent, cheaper option too.

Instead of dual monitors, how about something like this Samsung C34J791 3440x1440p Ultrawide, 125% (sRGB), 92% (Adobe RGB), 100Hz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

I'm considering moving up to a 3600/3600X. I think it'll be a nice change from my 1600. I haven't heard of PBO, but I'll look into it now.

I really like the look of the RX 5700/XT's. I also really like my current MSI card as the fans stay pretty silent and only run when needed. Definitely going to go for a AIB model. I kinda wanted something powerful enough to run 1440p graphics and still take advantage of a 144hz monitor (even if all my games can't hit that FPS).

I really like the dual monitor setup I have, but would like upgraded screens. I also have two 27" IPS monitors in work. It just suits my workflow.

I guess I'm happy to spend around €800/€1,000 depending on what would really make my machine future-proofed for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Considered an Ultrawide? I love my 34" 3440x1440 display :D It's epic for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

Huh, so an ultrawide is really the way to go? I haven't seen too many builds with them. I'll look some up on YouTube now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Huh, so an ultrawide is really the way to go? I haven't seen too many builds with them. I'll look some up on YouTube now.

In your case you might struggle to find one with the right clour accuracy and a curve might also be an issue. For the gaming side though they're sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement