Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keychain file issues

• 13-07-2019 7:26am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I recently reinstalled my OSX from scratch and now my iMac runs like new. I copied over my files from a back up and some research online said to copy over the file keychain.db in the library folder from your last back up to retain your passwords.

I did this but I only have passwords up to 2017. My iPhone and MacBook Air still have access to all my passwords which would suggest that my keychain is in the cloud.

Any suggestions on how I can get my keychain passwords back on my iMac?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You can enable iCloud keychain in System Preferences > iCloud, but make sure it's enabled on your other devices first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You can enable iCloud keychain in System Preferences > iCloud, but make sure it's enabled on your other devices first.

So it was enabled. But I switched it off and back on again and it’s synced properly with the cloud!

Sometimes it’s the small solutions that we overlook the easiest!

Advertisement