Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What one do I bid for ?

Options
  • 13-07-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Buying a new house and have narrowed it down to two in terms of perfect location. Now the problem is one is walk in perfect. Would only need to insulate the attic. It is 91sqm. Small garden.
    Other is lovely location 135sqm House , huge garden. Separate garage with pitched roof. But it needs the following.
    New bathroom.
    New ensuite.
    New kitchen
    The conservatory roof news replacing.
    Needs central heating
    4 Windows are tiny in back and make rooms very dark would like to make them into doors or something.

Now the difference in price between bith is €55,000 . What’s the better value? What would I need to get the second house up to scratch.
    Thanks jack

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Can’t be answered

What’s your budget ?
    What’s the money you have to do up?
    Can you afford it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jack53

BryanF wrote: »
    Can’t be answered

What’s your budget ?
    What’s the money you have to do up?
    Can you afford it?

Say 50.
    But I would like to know how much would it cost to get all the work done. Middle of the road kitchen and bathrooms. Oil central heating.
    i reckon the larger house in the end would turn out to be a finer house. But would it be better value bidding for the smaller one. Thanks

Advertisement